Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's your favourite type of video game character? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    By that I mean like traits

For some reason, I find the extroverted, wisecracking, sarcastic and witty sidekicks really appealing. Basically the opposite of me :lol: But like in a way where they can either be annoying or funny depending on interpretation. The kind of character that has smart-ass one-liners, or sass, or rudeness, just outright comedy.

This is why I like Kazooie from the Banjo Kazooie franchise and Daxter from the Jak and Daxter franchise so much.

Same goes for films etc- I mean Timon is basically my favourite Disney character Also Mushu is awesome too

What about you? What characters do you like? Friendly discussion please, no judgemental **** thanks. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    The female characters with the skimpy outfits hehehe gg

Or total badasses like Kratos, scorpion, Serious Sam and Geralt.
    Basically those who have the power to destroy anything in their way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimHV2)
    The female characters with the skimpy outfits hehehe gg

Or total badasses like Kratos, scorpion, Serious Sam and Geralt.
    Basically those who have the power to destroy anything in their way.
    Cool ~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbow Student)
    Cool ~
    I don't know I just prefer more serious characters who are fighting for a cause rather than video game characters who love to joke around. Btw what's your favourite game of 2015?

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the characters you get to create yourself and make your own decisions with. Like in Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age and to a lesser extent Mass Effect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimHV2)
    I don't know I just prefer more serious characters who are fighting for a cause rather than video game characters who love to joke around. Btw what's your favourite game of 2015?
    Ah dammit prsom >_>

Yeah I get that Hm, not sure *shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    Characters that have an arc. Way less common than it should be.

Custom characters are always a positive for me.

Characters that are really good at throwing a spanner in the villains work in a way they didn't expect. (Best example for me is playing Knights of the Old Republic II, you have to meet a crime boss trying to capture and he tries to gas you. At this point though your character has learnt to be immune to poisons and just casually stands there while their plan doesn't work).

ReputationRep:
    I like witty/sarcastic characters too. ie Nathan Drake or the old Sam Fisher, Max Payne etc.

ReputationRep:
    Marcus Fenix tbh; doesn't say much, but destroys everything. He's basically a slightly more talkative Link with a chainsaw gun.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a big Sonic the Hedgehog nerd, but I suppose I like Tails and Knuckles more than Sonic himself, though much of that is down to my own fan perceptions of those characters, rather than the inconsistent way they are presented.

Tails because he was bullied for being a two tailed freak of nature, who eventually reclaimed the name he was bullied by and used his tails to become of hero.

Knuckles because until the age of 17 he was totally isolated, so although he may have some intelligence it doesn't translate because he received no really education, or even interaction with others. He is stubborn because his role as guardian of the Master Emerald demands that he be stubborn.

ReputationRep:
    Female characters generally. Lara Croft is my favourite, followed by Ivy, Taki and Cassandra from Soul Calibur.

Pokemon's Red is also a notable mention.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Heroic, funny, adventurous, loyal (etc) characters. For example, Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

ReputationRep:
    I find myself liking almost any kind of personality if it's presented enough, y'know? Characters who have a lot of personality are easy to love in my opinion. My favourites would probably be Grimoire Weiss and Kainé from NieR, Midna from Zelda Twilight Princess, Bayonetta, Undyne and Papyrus from Undertale... I don't get attached to avatar type characters easily because there's not really much about them to like. And as for those I like, I couldn't really pick a favourite as such, because I like them all for different reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyzac)
    I find myself liking almost any kind of personality if it's presented enough, y'know? Characters who have a lot of personality are easy to love in my opinion. My favourites would probably be Grimoire Weiss and Kainé from NieR, Midna from Zelda Twilight Princess, Bayonetta, Undyne and Papyrus from Undertale... I don't get attached to avatar type characters easily because there's not really much about them to like. And as for those I like, I couldn't really pick a favourite as such, because I like them all for different reasons.
    All good characters, Undyne rocks :cool:

Also Papyrus is so sweet XD I like Sans too

ReputationRep:
    Bamfs, gender doesn't matter to me but just really daring and dangerous characters with hearts of gold (Lee or Clementine from the Walking Dead)

ReputationRep:
    this type

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.