The Student Room Group

Adult Re-sit

Hello, i do not know if this "ask a question" box will post this to the desired forum but here goes, im looking for any help with how i should resit my GCSE's (Maths, English and science) , I am 24 years old and i work long hours. I have looked at the free enrollments at local colleges and they generally start around 5 which is very unlikely i would be able to attend, i have also looked at IGCSE but every search sends me to places that offer things like business marketing and nursing courses. What can i do? Thanks in advance.
Original post by Tingle
Hello, i do not know if this "ask a question" box will post this to the desired forum but here goes, im looking for any help with how i should resit my GCSE's (Maths, English and science) , I am 24 years old and i work long hours. I have looked at the free enrollments at local colleges and they generally start around 5 which is very unlikely i would be able to attend, i have also looked at IGCSE but every search sends me to places that offer things like business marketing and nursing courses. What can i do? Thanks in advance.

What area do you live in? If your in or around manchester your in luck. You would also like to go into nursing?
If so you will need to take Social Care Access Course L3 alongside with taking GCSEs upto B/As in Colleges but depends where you live. You will also need to go from full-time to part-time in work aka. save up and prepare, once thats done you go to a university for a degree than go into the job.
Reply 2
Original post by ckfeister
What area do you live in? If your in or around manchester your in luck. You would also like to go into nursing?
If so you will need to take Social Care Access Course L3 alongside with taking GCSEs upto B/As in Colleges but depends where you live. You will also need to go from full-time to part-time in work aka. save up and prepare, once thats done you go to a university for a degree than go into the job.

No i was using that as an example of the IGCSE that keeps popping up instead of what i want to get my Maths English and science GCSE
Original post by Tingle
No i was using that as an example of the IGCSE that keeps popping up instead of what i want to get my Maths English and science GCSE

Oh, well I recommend doing IGCSE Double Award/English Language, Mathematics and Business Studies/Economic which ever one. Search oxford open learning and talk to them about this they'll be able to guide you.

Quick Reply

Latest