We burnt a hole in the sky - what will be left for our children?

Watch
Steve82
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
It wasn't long ago that the hole in the ozone layer was discovered. Since then all we have done is make things worse.

My question to the Student Room Community:

What do you think will be left of human society in 60 years time? What will the world look like when we pass into the next life and hand it over to our children and our children's children?
Greenlaner
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The hole in ozone layer has actually been shrinking in size for a couple of decades now and is predicted to be fully healed by the end of the century, and probably even sooner than that as industry becomes cleaner and we develop better understanding of the effects certain emissions have on the atmosphere.
Steve82
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Greenlaner)
The hole in ozone layer has actually been shrinking in size for a couple of decades now and is predicted to be fully healed by the end of the century, and probably even sooner than that as industry becomes cleaner and we develop better understanding of the effects certain emissions have on the atmosphere.
Not sure where you get the idea that industry is getting clean dude. Yes following the discovery of the ozone hole, governments banded together and banned certain industrial chemicals that were mainly responsible for the hole.

However industry is not getting cleaner. Greenhouse gasses are increasing, not decreasing and have been ever since the industrial revolution. This is a fact and a simple Google search proves this point.

Deforestation, over population and livestock farming are massive contributors of greenhouse gasses and are increasing exponentially.

If you think everything is hunky dory with the environment, you're sadly mistaken.
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That is the children's problem, not mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dancatpro
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Appropriate profile picture
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Basically. Gutted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (109)
51.17%
No (104)
48.83%

Watched Threads