Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why would she have lost interest so quickly? Watch

Announcements

Heya,

I met a girl at a party in September and we exchanged numbers and both seemed quite into each other. I was starting uni about 2 hours away the following week but we had a couple of dates beforehand which went well. We agreed that we would see each other whenever I came back from uni between freshers week and Christmas which was only a couple of times due to the amount of work on my course. She fully understood this. We also said we'd try to see each other more seriously when I came back for Christmas.

While I was at uni we would text each other and snapchat etc. every day and we'd both initiate conversations. It all seemed to be going really well and we'd tell each other that we'd maybe start a relationship when I came home from uni in December.

A few days after seeing her in December she suddenly stopped messaging me out of nowhere. Usually she'd reply in a couple of hours but I got nothing from her. I checked what I had sent her and there wasn't anything that could have offended her so I called her 2 days later to see if she was OK. She didn't reply.

I knew that she was going to see her family in Cyprus for a week after Christmas so just left her to enjoy herself on that and messaged her a week later to see how her holiday was. She 'read' the message. Again no reply.

I've not contacted her for about 2 1/2 weeks but I can see that she's been on WhatsApp, Facebook etc. and viewed my snapchat stories. I'm really not sure what I could have done for her to suddenly start ignoring me (have had friends check the messages and they couldn't see anything wrong) and I'm finding it really upsetting because I liked her her a lot. I was going to ask if she wanted a relationship on the next date we had planned.

She seemed to enjoy herself on dates we went on (lots of laughing, touching, kissing at end etc.) and hadn't been reducing the amount she had been contacting me. She had taken an interest in my hobbies, degree etc. and just seemed like a really nice girl. Suddenly stopping contact like that seemed totally out of character for her. I'm finding it hard to concentrate at university now and as hard as I try I just can't stop thinking about her. It's hurt me that she didn't even tell me that she didn't want to see me any more.

Is it wrong that I find what she has done a bit disrespectful and upsetting and do people really lose interest that quickly?

Thanks for any answers
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Heya,

I met a girl at a party in September and we exchanged numbers and both seemed quite into each other. I was starting uni about 2 hours away the following week but we had a couple of dates beforehand which went well. We agreed that we would see each other whenever I came back from uni between freshers week and Christmas which was only a couple of times due to the amount of work on my course. She fully understood this. We also said we'd try to see each other more seriously when I came back for Christmas.

While I was at uni we would text each other and snapchat etc. every day and we'd both initiate conversations. It all seemed to be going really well and we'd tell each other that we'd maybe start a relationship when I came home from uni in December.

A few days after seeing her in December she suddenly stopped messaging me out of nowhere. Usually she'd reply in a couple of hours but I got nothing from her. I checked what I had sent her and there wasn't anything that could have offended her so I called her 2 days later to see if she was OK. She didn't reply.

I knew that she was going to see her family in Cyprus for a week after Christmas so just left her to enjoy herself on that and messaged her a week later to see how her holiday was. She 'read' the message. Again no reply.

I've not contacted her for about 2 1/2 weeks but I can see that she's been on WhatsApp, Facebook etc. and viewed my snapchat stories. I'm really not sure what I could have done for her to suddenly start ignoring me (have had friends check the messages and they couldn't see anything wrong) and I'm finding it really upsetting because I liked her her a lot. I was going to ask if she wanted a relationship on the next date we had planned.

She seemed to enjoy herself on dates we went on (lots of laughing, touching, kissing at end etc.) and hadn't been reducing the amount she had been contacting me. She had taken an interest in my hobbies, degree etc. and just seemed like a really nice girl. Suddenly stopping contact like that seemed totally out of character for her. I'm finding it hard to concentrate at university now and as hard as I try I just can't stop thinking about her. It's hurt me that she didn't even tell me that she didn't want to see me any more.

Is it wrong that I find what she has done a bit disrespectful and upsetting and do people really lose interest that quickly?

Thanks for any answers
    Maybe she found the distance too much effort, maybe she's busy, maybe drop her a text and ask her if she's ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Maybe she found the distance too much effort, maybe she's busy, maybe drop her a text and ask her if she's ok?
    Yeah she's just so busy she can't drop him a single text saying i'm busy (takes like 10 seconds). If someone likes you, you would think they would make an effort to take 10 seconds out of their day to clarify things. No one is that busy.

ReputationRep:
    People lose interest for so many reasons it's quite ridiculous. Said something that remotely reminds her of her hated father? Depends on her tolerance levels.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried asking her if anything's wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I done something similar with someone that I was texting quite a lot that I "met" on a dating site, however I had never met them for an actual date. I got bored of them before that and just never bothered to text them back... Then not texting me to ask why I didn't was the nail in the coffin though. Could be something similar with your girl, but... It is a bit weird given that she went on a few dates with you and was responsive.

(Original post by Evevida)
    Have you tried asking her if anything's wrong?
    I left a message when she didn't answer her phone. She saw it but didn't reply.

ReputationRep:
    Her name isn't Zoe is it? seems wayyyy too familiar to my situation haha

(Original post by Darien91)
    Her name isn't Zoe is it? seems wayyyy too familiar to my situation haha
    Haha no it's Lauren I'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    Being completely blunt, and I apologise for this, but it sounds to me like she may have met someone else. If I were you, whatever her reason for not communicating with you, I would give her some space. If she is still interested in you, she'll get in touch, then you can decide if you still want to 'date' her. If she doesn't get in touch, then you're better off without her, concentrate on your new life and move on. Plenty more fish in the sea.

ReputationRep:
    I had literally the exact same thing happen to me new years eve lmao! mental. I did the same things as you, check all my messages to make sure i hadn't offended etc. I still don't know why :/

ReputationRep:
    Does she have a job maybe she is too busy with work? or is she a uni student too?

ReputationRep:
    Heya,

Thanks for any answers
    She doesn't care, because, she's found another bloke, its just how callous women operate. She only gives a damn about her feelings and is inconsiderate about yours. Truth most likely is she either met someone out in Cyprus or you were one of many. Many women that are half way attractive play several men along until they either get the one they want or go for the one that seals the deal properly. For her its just easier not to answer as rude as it is because she most cares about whats easiest on her. She knows you'll have stuff to say and possibly give her a hard time but in any case regardless she sees saying nothing and ignoring you as an acceptable way to treat guys - real bad I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Das Ich Man)
    Yeah she's just so busy she can't drop him a single text saying i'm busy (takes like 10 seconds). If someone likes you, you would think they would make an effort to take 10 seconds out of their day to clarify things. No one is that busy.
    There are many factors that make people (men and women) lose interest. She might have decided you are not for her, she may not wish to be in a relationship, or ready for one. It may have just been a flash in the pan. She might not have wanted to do long distance.

I left a message when she didn't answer her phone. She saw it but didn't reply.
    Frankly I'd say take the hint. All your doing now is chasing smoke. If shes not interested then shes not interested. It happens

(Original post by chikane)
    Does she have a job maybe she is too busy with work? or is she a uni student too?
    She works full time but I refuse to believe she hasn't had the time to contact me at all over the last 2 weeks considering she's been uploading photos on facebook, always appears online on it etc.

(Original post by silverbolt)
    Frankly I'd say take the hint. All your doing now is chasing smoke. If shes not interested then shes not interested. It happens
    Yeah I have done now. Haven't bothered trying since I tried asking her about her holiday

ReputationRep:
    Your first mistake of course was, "left her to enjoy herself", giving her space, never do this, I've done that myself and it just leaves 'space' for some other guy to get in there, so be pushy or get pushed out.

ReputationRep:
    She works full time but I refuse to believe she hasn't had the time to contact me at all over the last 2 weeks considering she's been uploading photos on facebook, always appears online on it etc.

Yeah I have done now. Haven't bothered trying since I tried asking her about her holiday
    I would find it disrespectful and would feel hurt in your position.
    Well you could try not contacting her for 2-3 weeks and see if she initiates contact or you could try again and if she still doesn't respond move on you done all you could and shows you what type of person she is.

ReputationRep:
    Text her "Is this still your number? I'm deleting all the inactive numbers so my phone isn't so cluttered"
    If she replies great, if she doesnt you gotta move on bro

ReputationRep:
    Heya,

Hi.

We agreed that we would see each other whenever I came back from uni between freshers week and Christmas which was only a couple of times due to the amount of work on my course.
    Let her do all that. She should be chasing you. If she really likes you, she will contact you.

We also said we'd try to see each other more seriously when I came back for Christmas.
    Again, this should be up to her.

While I was at uni we would text each other and snapchat etc. every day and we'd both initiate conversations.
    This is your major mistake. Never text each other every day... texts should be for setting up dates.

To me it seems like she wasn't very interested in you to begin with.

I don't know how much you contacted eachother when you were away at University, but it seems to have been enough to push her away.

It's likely that she has met someone else and is no longer interested in you if she hasn't contacted you in over 2 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gavin2016)
    Your first mistake of course was, "left her to enjoy herself", giving her space, never do this, I've done that myself and it just leaves 'space' for some other guy to get in there, so be pushy or get pushed out.
    "be pushy"... you mean be clingy and insecure?

**** that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.