AQA Results Slip Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
WHat do they look like? Could someone here describe their results slip in intimate detail. Better yet, could someone scan their results slip (with grades on) and upload it?

I know I'm asking a lot and I doubt anyone will respond, but this wait for results day is driving me insane. I'm trying to collect as much information as possible.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
WHat do they look like? Could someone here describe their results slip in intimate detail. Better yet, could someone scan their results slip (with grades on) and upload it?

I know I'm asking a lot and I doubt anyone will respond, but this wait for results day is driving me insane. I'm trying to collect as much information as possible.

Can't help you with the scan, but can describe the results statement for you.

It's A4 portrait, white, has the AQA logo in the left (in light blue), and General Certificate of Education in the top right, together with June 2003.

The remainder of the slip is results:

Going across the page

Module Code (eg MAP3), Name of Module (and UMS Weight) (eg Pure Mathematics 3 (100), Your UMS Mark for that unit (eg 85).

You can fit two of these across as row.

Units you had taken already are shown in normal text, units you took in the Summer 2003 sitting are shown in bold.

The units are in no specific order, regarding name, or subject.

Underneath the bit for each unit score, they'll be a gap, and then the result calculated for the title.

On the reverse are the conditions of the statement, and a guide to the UMS marks.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I left my one (from modulars) in school sorry.

But mine was an A4 sheet, blue.

On the top on the usual stuff, name, pupil number, dob and so on.

Then it had the subject title and the modular sat on the left and the grade on the right.

Beware - they print the grade in lower case letters. When I got my results back I thought I had been given a D instead I had a b.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
Can't help you with the scan, but can describe the results statement for you.

It's A4 portrait, white, has the AQA logo in the left (in light blue), and General Certificate of Education in the top right, together with June 2003.

The remainder of the slip is results:

Going across the page

Module Code (eg MAP3), Name of Module (and UMS Weight) (eg Pure Mathematics 3 (100), Your UMS Mark for that unit (eg 85).

You can fit two of these across as row.

Units you had taken already are shown in normal text, units you took in the Summer 2003 sitting are shown in bold.

The units are in no specific order, regarding name, or subject.

Underneath the bit for each unit score, they'll be a gap, and then the result calculated for the title.

On the reverse are the conditions of the statement, and a guide to the UMS marks.
So if you took A-levels with three different exam boards would you get three different results slips?

And, therefore, three different envelopes?
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
So if you took A-levels with three different exam boards would you get three different results slips?

And, therefore, three different envelopes?
3 different slips yes, three different envelopes no, the school are the ones that put them in envelopes, not the exam boards, they'd just clip them together and put them in one envelope.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Thanks for the information everyone.
mjg
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
expresion didnt x-plain wat happens if u did resits
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
3 different slips yes, three different envelopes no, the school are the ones that put them in envelopes, not the exam boards, they'd just clip them together and put them in one envelope.

thats if your school gives you envelopes

love Katy ***
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
thats if your school gives you envelopes

love Katy ***
Well this is true, cos I know we don't get one. I'm surprised they even fork out a paper clip each !
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mjg)
expresion didnt x-plain wat happens if u did resits
On AQA slips all results from previous sittings are shown, in normal text, from the recent session in Bold.

So your result from the first attempt will be shown, and then you will see your resit result amongst the individual unit scores, maybe you have done better, maybe worse.

Either way, when it comes out with the final UMS mark for the subject, it will calculate for you the best scores.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well this is true, cos I know we don't get one. I'm surprised they even fork out a paper clip each !

my school dont...they dont even put different slips together...they look through all the pieces of paper untill they get all yours!! luckily i sat all the same board in the same centres.

love Katy ***
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.16%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.25%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (90)
19.61%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (185)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.58%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.1%