Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever seen a ghost? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This happened when I was about 7. I was in bed trying to fall asleep and it was around midnight. I couldn't fall asleep because I had woken up from a nap a few hours before so I just lay there. The door was 1/3 open and as I looked at it, I saw a hand slowly reaching for the doorknob and they grabbed it and then let it go. My blood just froze. My mom was sleeping in the bed on the opposite side of the room and my dad was away that night and my grandma was sleeping at my aunt's house that night so it was just me and my mom at home. So I immediately woke my mom up and asked her if I could sleep next to her and then I couldn't sleep in my own bed for days afterwards! And this thing bothers me to this day, it's one of my most vivid memories.

Also, literally all my life I have felt this presence in our apartment. The hallway leads to my parent's bedroom and my bedroom is next to that and I feel like the presence is always there, in front of my parents' and my bedroom, just standing there. I have always felt this and feel it to this day. And a few years ago my mom randomly told me that she always feels this presence at the door too and I was so shocked and creeped out. I kind of feel like that 'presence' is like a part of my life or something since he has always been standing there in the hallway. I don't live at home anymore and I don't feel anything like this in this house.

Anyone else with ghost stories or weird presences/occurences in their homes?? Note that I don't even seriously believe in ghosts, I am just sharing my feelings and I don't know what else to call it other than 'ghosts'.
    • Welcome Squad

no i haven't but i agree with you about presences :yep:
    when i first read the title i thought it was going to be about that man you saw on the way to tesco

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen something that doesn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    I heard plenty of ghost stories from property agent friend that deal with haunted houses. I had a thread about this.

However I also had a friend whose dad is a policeman who doesn't believe in ghost. In his entire career of night patrol, every time he sees something spooky, its just something else. Once he saw a lady figure running into the woods and it turns out was a maid running away from her employer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My best friend had a paranormal encounter a couple of years ago! They were driving with my other friend's aunt and boyfriend (on Dartmoor at night - I don't know why they thought it was a good idea & I'm pretty sure they were returning from Berry Pomeroy) and their car suddenly stopped and both the aunt and boyfriend left the car to check and when they came back apparently they were driving maniacally and laughing (and I think their noses were bleeding? I can't remember) and when they got back home they remembered nothing. Not sure if it's true or not - but it did freak my best friend out completely!

And when I lived in my previous house about four years ago, I remember almost falling asleep and then heard some papers falling down (thinking I'd check it out in the morning) and when I went to look the next morning there was nothing there! Safe to say it terrified me haha!

ReputationRep:
    What you experienced sounds more like either sleep paralysis or a false awakening (including multiple dream levels), I've had a few similar experiences. For example last year I had a pretty bad dream and woke up in my bed, everything normal, my heart was racing from whatever I dreamt about though. Anyhow my girlfriend rolls over and puts her arm over me (so like spooning me) and says "it's okay it was only a dream". Great right? No, because my girlfriend wasn't there, and I knew she can't have been. I could feel her against me and felt the weight of her in the bed, but she wasn't there. I just played along and shut my eyes until the scenario ended as I knew full well if I turned around to look it would be a horrific creature, no face, that sort of thing.

Only vaguely odd thing I've ever seen, and it's roots would be either me misjudging the size (likely) or an actual escaped big cat (unlikely but not impossible), was when I was a passenger in a car driving through the North Yorkshire moors, we were passing a large forested area and along the treeline someway from the road I saw what looked like a cat running along the treeline for a short distance than darting back into the woodlands, only it was very large, jet black as well. So either cat and I misjudged, dog, or panther, you takes your pick lol.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I have. I find ghosts and the paranormal really interesting though

ReputationRep:
    One time when I was tiny, I suddenly starting crying in the middle of night and I wouldn't stop no matter what my parents tried. Then the room suddenly went cold, I stopped crying and said "Bye bye, nice man" and I went back to sleep. In the morning, my parents got the news that my grandad had passed away in the night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    What you experienced sounds more like either sleep paralysis or a false awakening (including multiple dream levels), I've had a few similar experiences. For example last year I had a pretty bad dream and woke up in my bed, everything normal, my heart was racing from whatever I dreamt about though. Anyhow my girlfriend rolls over and puts her arm over me (so like spooning me) and says "it's okay it was only a dream". Great right? No, because my girlfriend wasn't there, and I knew she can't have been. I could feel her against me and felt the weight of her in the bed, but she wasn't there. I just played along and shut my eyes until the scenario ended as I knew full well if I turned around to look it would be a horrific creature, no face, that sort of thing.

Only vaguely odd thing I've ever seen, and it's roots would be either me misjudging the size (likely) or an actual escaped big cat (unlikely but not impossible), was when I was a passenger in a car driving through the North Yorkshire moors, we were passing a large forested area and along the treeline someway from the road I saw what looked like a cat running along the treeline for a short distance than darting back into the woodlands, only it was very large, jet black as well. So either cat and I misjudged, dog, or panther, you takes your pick lol.
    No, it wasn't sleep paralysis or a false awakening, as I hadn't been sleeping.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Christmas Past

ReputationRep:
    Yes and it stole my damn tenner!

ReputationRep:
    My friends always say they have seen ghosts etc. BUT one friend of mine actually got paranormal activity on film and showed everyone. It was actually true and nearly ruined her house and personal properties etc..
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Magic)
    Christmas Past
    Only joking of course, I find ghosts and the supernatural very interesting, always good to hear some stories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    No, it wasn't sleep paralysis or a false awakening, as I hadn't been sleeping.
    and you're certain you couldn't have lapsed from conscious for a few moments since you were trying to sleep? Just like when getting drowsy in lectures and the lecturers droning becomes something like "and the Prussians rifles generally used 15mm rounds"...when you're in a Biology lecture lol, you're not exactly asleep, but you're mind is starting to go elsewhere, snaps you back...happened so often to me in first year lol.

Ignore me if you're convinced it was some sort of ghost mind.
    • TSR Support Team

Who you gonna call

ReputationRep:
    No, because they don't exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock fan)
    who you gonna call
    ghostbusters!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Who you gonna call
    Ronnie Pickering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    and you're certain you couldn't have lapsed from conscious for a few moments since you were trying to sleep? Just like when getting drowsy in lectures and the lecturers droning becomes something like "and the Prussians rifles generally used 15mm rounds"...when you're in a Biology lecture lol, you're not exactly asleep, but you're mind is starting to go elsewhere, snaps you back...happened so often to me in first year lol.

Ignore me if you're convinced it was some sort of ghost mind.
    No. I wasn't really 'trying to sleep' it was more like I was just lying in bed knowing I wont be able to fall asleep, as I said I had woken up a few hours before that. I didnt have my eyes closed at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    ghostbusters!!!!!
    Haha :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.