can someone help explain my uni offer for me?

Watch
jonesb
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
One of my uni offers has said that i need a minimum of 320 ucas points, this "excludes key skills from at least 2 GCE A levels including Biology at grade C" and "is inclusive of cashed in AS level". Im probably being really dim but i dont understand the phrasing, is it saying that the ucas points from the as levels i dropped count towards the 320 points? (one of them includes critical thinking, im not sure whether that will count anyway?). Also what does it mean by key skills? Thanks
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jonesb)
One of my uni offers has said that i need a minimum of 320 ucas points, this "excludes key skills from at least 2 GCE A levels including Biology at grade C" and "is inclusive of cashed in AS level". Im probably being really dim but i dont understand the phrasing, is it saying that the ucas points from the as levels i dropped count towards the 320 points? (one of them includes critical thinking, im not sure whether that will count anyway?). Also what does it mean by key skills? Thanks
You need at least a C from biology A2, but can make up the 320 from 2 A2s and any AS you didn't carry on to A2. Ignore the key skills thing if you aren't taking them. It's a standard wording. They haven't excluded critical thinking by name, so you can use that.
jonesb
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
You need at least a C from biology A2, but can make up the 320 from 2 A2s and any AS you didn't carry on to A2. Ignore the key skills thing if you aren't taking them. It's a standard wording. They haven't excluded critical thinking by name, so you can use that.
sorry does this mean that the 320 points doesnt include the grade c biology?? And im guessing it will also accept points from an epq then?
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jonesb)
sorry does this mean that the 320 points doesnt include the grade c biology?? And im guessing it will also accept points from an epq then?
No, it must include a C in one of the (at least) two full A2s. If it doesn't mention the EPQ by name, don't take anything for granted and contact them and ask.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (106)
34.3%
Yes - a trusted person (88)
28.48%
No (82)
26.54%
I'm not sure (33)
10.68%

Watched Threads