Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi guys

    I'll start at the beginning, then. I'm supposed to be giving my ALs over the next two years (I'm from Bangladesh). I'm taking E. Lit, Language, Politics and Law. So, when I'd started my course, English wasn't available for IAL (and now it's too late to change my course), and I had to take GCE, but I wasn't aware that it would mean giving all four papers at the same time.

    I just found out today and I'm kinda in shock. I want to apply to Australia, and I don't know if they'll accept me at a top uni with just AS.

    I was wondering whether I should bail on the whole thing and just give my AS and go to Aus and apply for a foundation course and save time and money. Is this a good idea? Would a foundation course be tougher? I'm absolutely rubbish at maths, so I wouldn't be able to do that on a foundation, just an FYI.

    Or should I stick it out, give Law and Politics this year and then give the English subs in 2017? I'm pretty good at English... so would that be difficult for me under the new reform?

    I don't want to make a decision by myself, cuz I don't want to make one while I'm feeling this terrified of giving four papers at once.

    Thanks for reading through all that, I really appreciate any help at all. I'm just desperate at this point.
    • Thread Starter

Are you going to a festival?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.