Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Puddles gets pumped! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Day yesterday and today

!!!!I flexed a muscle in the back of my arm which could not previously be flexed!!! :yay:

Yesterday was legs:

2k meters on the rower

3x10 red sand bag back squats (don't know how much it weighs)
    3x10 walking lunges with a 7kg sand bell
    3x10 bodyweight lunges
    3x10 5.5kg sandbell burpee slams with a press-up
    3x10 20kg sumo squat with a kb

Today arms:

1k meters on the rower
    3x10 7kg dumbell chest press
    3x10 7kg dumbell hammer chest press (?)
    20 tricep dips
    20 tRx rows
    20 trx rear fly (?)
    3 x 2 proper pushups followed by 3 knee pushups

+ physio stuff with a yoga ball

Nutrition:

I've been sticking to my lentil soup and protein shakes at work which is good. Down to one piece of fruit a day, although there were grapes in HQ so I snacked on those :sad: Have been eating proper meals in the evening too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Day yesterday and today

!!!!I flexed a muscle in the back of my arm which could not previously be flexed!!!:yay:

Yesterday was legs:

2k meters on the rower

3x10 red sand bag back squats (don't know how much it weighs)
    3x10 walking lunges with a 7kg sand bell
    3x10 bodyweight lunges
    3x10 5.5kg sandbell burpee slams with a press-up
    3x10 20kg sumo squat with a kb

Today arms:

1k meters on the rower
    3x10 7kg dumbell chest press
    3x10 7kg dumbell hammer chest press (?)
    20 tricep dips
    20 tRx rows
    20 trx rear fly (?)
    3 x 2 proper pushups followed by 3 knee pushups

+ physio stuff with a yoga ball

Nutrition:

I've been sticking to my lentil soup and protein shakes at work which is good. Down to one piece of fruit a day, although there were grapes in HQ so I snacked on those :sad: Have been eating proper meals in the evening too.
    FFS. It's grapes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    FFS. It's grapes!

:confused:

Whatever happened to five-a-day? :beard:

Subbing to hear more about you getting 'pumped.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Whatever happened to five-a-day? :beard:

Subbing to hear more about you getting 'pumped.'
    Five fruit and vegetables a day, should be five veggies really because fruit are too sugary :dumbells:

ReputationRep:
    :confused:
    The concept of cutting down on fruit is alien to me. :confused:

You enjoy those grapes :yum:

Five fruit and vegetables a day, should be five veggies really because fruit are too sugary :dumbells:
    Replacing bananas with broccoli... You must be really keen to cut down on sugary stuff. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    The concept of cutting down on fruit is alien to me. :confused:

You enjoy those grapes :yum:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Replacing bananas with broccoli... You must be really keen to cut down on sugary stuff. :rofl:
    Broccolli is delicious.

Actually I was reading the other day that we are slowly breeding our vegetables to be less bitter and sweeter.... which is bad news for us

Broccolli is delicious.
    Hydeman is out. :getmecoat:

Actually I was reading the other day that we are slowly breeding our vegetables to be less bitter and sweeter.... which is bad news for us
    You should look into growing your own vegetables so you can have them as bitter as you want. :five:

ReputationRep:
    Pumped… :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I can't stop eating sweets :bl:

I'm really struggling with willpower and self control :ashamed:

Today is cardio day - did 25 minutes spinning. I was quite happy with my intensity today I also did my physio exercises which mostly involve balancing on a yoga ball. I am slowly getting better.

I am now at my weight goal! :woo: But I've gained half an inch so that's not good. I wish I could put a finger on exactly why I'm craving sugar. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Ooh yeah and I'm on to a new tub of protein - this one is cookie and cream flavour. It is delicious :drool:
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Ooh yeah and I'm on to a new tub of protein - this one is cookie and cream flavour. It is delicious :drool:
    I've never pulled the trigger on cookies and cream flavour as I always decide it will get too sickly too quickly. That said, I couldn't bare to touch my strawberry cream powder for years after 3kg of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    I've never pulled the trigger on cookies and cream flavour as I always decide it will get too sickly too quickly. That said, I couldn't bare to touch my strawberry cream powder for years after 3kg of it.
    It is quite sickly. Might be good for my sugar cravings though. Or maybe it's making them worse.

Globally-agreed-synthetic-strawberry-flavour-that-doesn't-actually-taste-like-strawberries is my favourite flavour of all time. Can't get enough of it.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    It is quite sickly. Might be good for my sugar cravings though. Or maybe it's making them worse.

Globally-agreed-synthetic-strawberry-flavour-that-doesn't-actually-taste-like-strawberries is my favourite flavour of all time. Can't get enough of it.
    What I have is that, but creamier. You know those sucking sweets you can get? It tastes just like them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    What I have is that, but creamier. You know those sucking sweets you can get? It tastes just like them.
    Oooh. What brand of protein do you use? It's all super confusing I just ended up going with Holland & Barrett's Precision one because it seemed to have good reviews.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Oooh. What brand of protein do you use? It's all super confusing I just ended up going with Holland & Barrett's Precision one because it seemed to have good reviews.
    I order online as it is cheaper and easier. I used to use Myprotein but most recently used Gonutrition - I have no complaints about either.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey;[url="tel:62587741")
    62587741[/url]]Oooh. What brand of protein do you use? It's all super confusing I just ended up going with Holland & Barrett's Precision one because it seemed to have good reviews.
    That one is really expensive. It is nice but not really worth it. As above, gonutrition or myprotein are the best options.

I wouldn't worry about the half inch gain. You will gain fat but it won't look bad due to muscle gain and then you can cut v easily soon. So just have to accept it unfortunately...
    It's good you are hitting your calorie targets now (if this is the right thread, you weren't eating enough to bulk if i remember correctly, hope i'm not wrong haha)

ReputationRep:
    Have you read through the fitness FAQ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.