Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Puddles gets pumped! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    That one is really expensive. It is nice but not really worth it. As above, gonutrition or myprotein are the best options.
    Not when it's buy one get one free :teehee: But once that offer goes away I'll switch Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about the half inch gain. You will gain fat but it won't look bad due to muscle gain and then you can cut v easily soon. So just have to accept it unfortunately...
    It's good you are hitting your calorie targets now (if this is the right thread, you weren't eating enough to bulk if i remember correctly, hope i'm not wrong haha)
    I wasn't eating enough when I started but I've sorted that now :woo: It's not really something I find difficult :lol:

I think you are right - I probably need to get my head around bulking/cutting.... I've just been trying to slowly gain weight and muscle sort of at the same time. I'm not sure I really work out hard in enough of a focused way to warrant doing it all the proper way. :dumbells:

(Original post by hezzlington)
    Have you read through the fitness FAQ?
    I have in the past but I should read it again...!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey;[url="tel:62604623")
    62604623[/url]]Not when it's buy one get one free :teehee: But once that offer goes away I'll switch Thanks!
    True that's what i did when i first bought some whey. It tastes lovely imo. But not sustainable unless you have good money coming in... And even then, it is a waste. The other two sites are much cheaper, taste is worse but not 'bad' per se.

I wasn't eating enough when I started but I've sorted that now :woo: It's not really something I find difficult :lol:

I think you are right - I probably need to get my head around bulking/cutting.... I've just been trying to slowly gain weight and muscle sort of at the same time. I'm not sure I really work out hard in enough of a focused way to warrant doing it all the proper way. :dumbells:

I have in the past but I should read it again...!
    Yeah, bulking is easy!
    Just bulk slowly as you have been doing and then go on a small cut (4 weeks say, maybe not even that) in a couple months and you'll look the best you have in ages i'd guess
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Puddles the Monkey

Have you tried Nrich or Nurishment milkshakes? They are nice, and contain lots of protein

ReputationRep:
    Day today

An amazing thing happened to me yesterday - I was at a charleston lesson and someone complimented me on how not out of breath I was compared to other people. :cry2: Little things like that let you know you're doing a good job with exercise! :dumbells:

Fitness
    Pilates today, so lots of core work. Not much to say really :lol:

Nutrition
    I managed to keep sweets to a minimum today but ate 500 calories worth of nuts instead.... :facepalm:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Day today

An amazing thing happened to me yesterday - I was at a charleston lesson and someone complimented me on how not out of breath I was compared to other people. :cry2: Little things like that let you know you're doing a good job with exercise! :dumbells:

Fitness
    Pilates today, so lots of core work. Not much to say really :lol:

Nutrition
    I managed to keep sweets to a minimum today but ate 500 calories worth of nuts instead.... :facepalm:
    Congratulations on that milestone .

Sorry about the nuts but glad you kept away from the sweets :yay:.

ReputationRep:
    Day something

I am in in so much pain I can barely move today :yay: :dumbells:

FItness

Wednesday was leg day
    I focused on doing a lot of lunges and step ups with weights to try and target my glutes which worked! Woohoo.

For some reason when I do squats it was affecting mainly my quads and inner leg/adductor muscles which isn't really what I want. So I've been trying hard to make sure I hit the outside muscles. I've got a lot better at that in the past couple of weeks.

Thursday was arms day
    I've forgotten everything I did, but my arms are really aching today, especially in the back of my arms and shoulder and my rear delts and down my back which is also good :woo:

I don't know, I feel very "front heavy" in all my muscles, so I'm trying to even that out a bit.

Nutrition
    Terrible :cry: I'm ashamed of myself.

Nutrition
    Terrible :cry: I'm ashamed of myself.
    Tell us about it anyway. :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Tell us about it anyway. :console:
    Ben and Jerry's Reece's peanut butter cups ice cream.

I don't even like ice cream.

Ben and Jerry's Reece's peanut butter cups ice cream.

I don't even like ice cream.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

As long as you make up for it in future, it's alright.

ReputationRep:
    Friday, Monday and Tuesday

I'm a bit behind. :eek3:

Eating over the past few days has been pretty good, definitely getting better with sweets at work, but not 100% perfect yet. Sadly though over the weekend a certain holiday occurred which meant ice cream and chocolates.

I've realised part of my work snacking problem might just be from not eating enough lunch :beard:

I am just below my target weight now :dumbells:

Fitness

I really smashed it last week and Friday I was in so much pain I could barely move :lol: I was very chuffed with this and hope to do the same thing this week :yay: I've previously found it quite difficult to hit the enough level of impact when working out by myself so I'm glad I'm getting better.

There's definitely more definition to my arms too. Also I can now do three pushups in a row :yay:And my push-up form feels much, much, better in terms of being able to hold my weight over my hands/shoulders.

Flexibility is getting better! I still can't touch my toes but I can now nearly grab my ankles which is really good :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

As long as you make up for it in future, it's alright.
    I know :eek3: It's just so amazing though. It has WHOLE reece's cups in there. You get to excavate them like a delicious archeological dig :drool:

I know :eek3: It's just so amazing though. It has WHOLE reece's cups in there. You get to excavate them like a delicious archeological dig :drool:
    ...Excuse me for a second, I'll be right back. :innocent: :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday, Thursday and Friday

Fitness
    Did legs on Wednesday!

1k m in rowing machine

3 x 10reps back squats with the red bag.
    3 x 10 lunges with 7kg sandbag in one hand
    3 x 10 9kg walking lunges
    3 x 10 step ups with 4kg kettle bells

3 x 10 pushups - can do three grown up ones now, but rest on my knees

Did my physio exercises too.

Thursday did circuits - core and power apparently
    40 seconds on, 15 seconds rest. Twice on each group.

Sand bell slams and bicycle crunches
    Squat thrusts and plank moving one arm out to the side
    Side to side sand bell slams and jack knives
    Jumping squats and I've forgotten what core exercise :afraid:

Then abs:
    Crunches and leg raises

It was an alright session. Not the best for me.

Today arms:

1k m rowing.

3 x 10 7kg dumbell press (an improvement!!) When I first started doing these I was on 4kg so I'm happy!
    3 x 10 7kg hammer dumbell press (an improvement!)
    3 x 6kg tricep pull downs
    3 x 10 15kg lat pull downs
    3 x 10 Trx rows
    3 x 10 Trx reverse fly
    3 x 10 tricep dips

Nutrition is still terrible. Forgot to bring lunch today so I just ate cereal. I'm a bad person :afraid: been eating biscuits too. :ashamed: :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:

Nutrition is still terrible. Forgot to bring lunch today so I just ate cereal. I'm a bad person :afraid: been eating biscuits too. :ashamed: :getmecoat:
    Hobnobs are my pioson of choice. Dunked in some tea.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    What on earth is a sand bell slam?

ReputationRep:
    The definition of "pumped", you scallywags

I got inspired to make one of these too!

I've been a regular gym goer for a while and on New Year's Eve I manged my 2015 goal to do one proper pushup! :yay:

I want to build strength and muscle. I am also horribly un-flexible and am getting physio for a back problem, so stretching is a top priority for me

Fitness Goals

:dumbells: Be able to do 10 pushups in a row
    :dumbells: Gain 3.5kg (while remaining the same measurements!)
    :dumbells: Be able to touch my toes

Nutrition Goals

:tea: Cut out refined sugar (this is so difficult :cry2:)
    :tea: Drink plenty of water
    :tea: Stop snacking and eat proper meals in the evening

Plan

:suith:I've started using MyFitnessPal to log food/calories so I'm aware of what I'm eating
    :suith:I'm setting aside 15 minutes every evening to stretch and use my foam roller
    :suith:Gym routine is largely the same, but I'm being more focused/consistent with strength training
    i have trouble with leg flexibility and its to do with my hamstrings, leg raises for example, i physically cannot straighten my legs thus meaning i cant do leg raises and my gym instructor told me that theres a stretch called a PFA (i think its called that) stretch and its designed to improve flexibility but you need someone to help you with it. its worth a try asking

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday, Thursday and Friday

Fitness
    Did legs on Wednesday!

1k m in rowing machine

3 x 10reps back squats with the red bag.
    3 x 10 lunges with 7kg sandbag in one hand
    3 x 10 9kg walking lunges
    3 x 10 step ups with 4kg kettle bells

3 x 10 pushups - can do three grown up ones now, but rest on my knees

Did my physio exercises too.

Thursday did circuits - core and power apparently
    40 seconds on, 15 seconds rest. Twice on each group.

Sand bell slams and bicycle crunches
    Squat thrusts and plank moving one arm out to the side
    Side to side sand bell slams and jack knives
    Jumping squats and I've forgotten what core exercise :afraid:

Then abs:
    Crunches and leg raises

It was an alright session. Not the best for me.

Today arms:

1k m rowing.

3 x 10 7kg dumbell press (an improvement!!) When I first started doing these I was on 4kg so I'm happy!
    3 x 10 7kg hammer dumbell press (an improvement!)
    3 x 6kg tricep pull downs
    3 x 10 15kg lat pull downs
    3 x 10 Trx rows
    3 x 10 Trx reverse fly
    3 x 10 tricep dips

consider dead lifts, it works alot of different muscles and you can make it as heavy or light as you like. im pro deadlift and LOVE it!!

ReputationRep:
    Show us those guns Puddles!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    Show us those guns Puddles!
    We were comparing guns after work on Friday. MarleyZ has massive guns! ProfessorOak said mine were rubbish :sad:

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    We were comparing guns after work on Friday. MarleyZ has massive guns! ProfessorOak said mine were rubbish :sad:

:getmecoat:
    Professor Oak was just jealous of those weapons...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.