The Student Room Group

History - Arab-Israeli Conflict Coursework

I'm currently starting my coursework for the Arab-Israeli part of my History A-Level.

For the Part B Question I've picked - To what extent do the Oslo Accords mark the most significant step towards peace throughout the Arab-Israeli conflict 1900-2001?

However, I'm having difficult finding sources, is anyone able to help me?
So I've decided to change my question so I can write about the Oslo Accords for Part A. My Part B question is now: How far did foreign powers escalate tension in the Middle East 1900 2001?

But I still don't know where to get sources from!!
Original post by Hannah_M_B
So I've decided to change my question so I can write about the Oslo Accords for Part A. My Part B question is now: How far did foreign powers escalate tension in the Middle East 1900 2001?

But I still don't know where to get sources from!!

I'm doing almost the exact same question for my coursework, just 1895-2007 instead :smile: I'm using some of Edward Said's essays, and I like Ilan Pappé, Avi Shlaim and Benny Morris as well. Jeremy Salt's "Unmaking of the Middle East" has probably been the most helpful I've found so far, and "The Israel Lobby and US Foreign Policy" by John Mearsheimer and Steven Walt's also really interesting. I've also been reading more general histories of the Cold War just to get an idea of the context of the later period, since that's what I want to focus on more, but there's also a lot of good stuff about the decline of British and French superpower status if you want more of an idea about that :smile: Hope that helps! And good luck, I hope your coursework goes well!
For a good critical view of Oslo, I recommend Norman Finkelstein's "Oslo: The Apartheid Option" in his generally excellent Image and Reality of the Israel-Palestine Conflict.
Original post by snowafterfire
I'm doing almost the exact same question for my coursework, just 1895-2007 instead :smile: I'm using some of Edward Said's essays, and I like Ilan Pappé, Avi Shlaim and Benny Morris as well. Jeremy Salt's "Unmaking of the Middle East" has probably been the most helpful I've found so far, and "The Israel Lobby and US Foreign Policy" by John Mearsheimer and Steven Walt's also really interesting. I've also been reading more general histories of the Cold War just to get an idea of the context of the later period, since that's what I want to focus on more, but there's also a lot of good stuff about the decline of British and French superpower status if you want more of an idea about that :smile: Hope that helps! And good luck, I hope your coursework goes well!

Thank you! I'll make sure to check some of those out, and I hope your coursework goes well too :smile:
Original post by anarchism101
For a good critical view of Oslo, I recommend Norman Finkelstein's "Oslo: The Apartheid Option" in his generally excellent Image and Reality of the Israel-Palestine Conflict.

This looks great, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending