Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advice? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ugh...I dont know how to start this. First of all, I'm a 17 year old girl currently doing a-levels. I'm redoing my first year because I had alot of stuff going on and I didn't enjoy the subjects. Now I'm at smaller college with different subjects, I wouldnt say I'm happy there but I'm in a much better state than I was at my old college so I'm grateful for that. It's just that things aren't good, they've never been good. I'm not suicidal as I was last year but I'm still isolated and depressed? Things aren't good at home because we're behind on rent, my dad works but he just never helps to pay the rent so that's why we're behind on that. My mum is really stressed because of that and take anger out on me. That's not the only thing he does, he gambles and drinks and cheats. The list can go on forever lol. I just wish I had someone's house to go to and hang at after college because being in my house 24/7 just gets too much for me. On weekends it's okay because I have a part-time job. But my focus right now is just getting myself out of this isolated state AND start revising for my may as level exams? I'm studying English Language, Business and ICT. If anybody does one of those subects and wants to be my study buddy, I would love that. We could skype and compare answers, test each other with questions and go over topics. This post is a big mess, I'm sorry lol

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faytesfaye)
    Ugh...I dont know how to start this. First of all, I'm a 17 year old girl currently doing a-levels. I'm redoing my first year because I had alot of stuff going on and I didn't enjoy the subjects. Now I'm at smaller college with different subjects, I wouldnt say I'm happy there but I'm in a much better state than I was at my old college so I'm grateful for that. It's just that things aren't good, they've never been good. I'm not suicidal as I was last year but I'm still isolated and depressed? Things aren't good at home because we're behind on rent, my dad works but he just never helps to pay the rent so that's why we're behind on that. My mum is really stressed because of that and take anger out on me. That's not the only thing he does, he gambles and drinks and cheats. The list can go on forever lol. I just wish I had someone's house to go to and hang at after college because being in my house 24/7 just gets too much for me. On weekends it's okay because I have a part-time job. But my focus right now is just getting myself out of this isolated state AND start revising for my may as level exams? I'm studying English Language, Business and ICT. If anybody does one of those subects and wants to be my study buddy, I would love that. We could skype and compare answers, test each other with questions and go over topics. This post is a big mess, I'm sorry lol
    Are you giving GCE English Language through Edexcel?

ReputationRep:
    AQA
    (Original post by nafisa.t13)
    Are you giving GCE English Language through Edexcel?

ReputationRep:
    Awh, then our specs are different. I'm giving E. Lang through Edexcel... how similar are they?

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea I hope they're not too different
    (Original post by nafisa.t13)
    Awh, then our specs are different. I'm giving E. Lang through Edexcel... how similar are they?

ReputationRep:
    Oh... I should mention that I don't live in the UK :P So, there's that issue of timezones too... xD I should've led with that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.