Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have offers from Newcastle, Exeter, Nottingham and Lancaster. I want to study English (I do english language and literature for a-level...if you go to these unis can you tell me what they are REALLY like?
    -Social life
    - Place
    - Course
    -Accommodation
    Any thing useful! Thanks x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isla626)
    I have offers from Newcastle, Exeter, Nottingham and Lancaster. I want to study English (I do english language and literature for a-level...if you go to these unis can you tell me what they are REALLY like?
    -Social life
    - Place
    - Course
    -Accommodation
    Any thing useful! Thanks x
    I can answer about Newcastle:

Newcastle has an amazing nightlife! But that's not the only good thing about it haha. There's loads of societies you can join (http://www.nusu.co.uk/getinvolved/so.../a-z/fullatoz/), lots of sports you can do, and also the student union does this thing called "give it a go" where you can try different things and meet new people. Like last year I did a first aid course, but they do other things like cocktail making and organising trips to other cities.

Do you mean place as in the city? The university is literally right in the city centre, so you just cross one road and you are where all of the shops and restaurants are. It's only like a 10 minute walk to the cinema, or 20 minute walk to the quayside.

I don't do the course so I can't advise on that, and I didn't stay in accommodation so can't really recommend any other than trying to get into the ones that are on the main campus.

Hope this helps.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.