Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I know that with my target grades I will not get into the University of Manchester, but I really want to study Anthropology there and the University looks really good. I am hoping to push my grades and I am doing all I can to get higher grades, but other than that WHAT SHOULD I DO!! I REALLY WANT TO GO THERE!!???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tija010)
    So I know that with my target grades I will not get into the University of Manchester, but I really want to study Anthropology there and the University looks really good. I am hoping to push my grades and I am doing all I can to get higher grades, but other than that WHAT SHOULD I DO!! I REALLY WANT TO GO THERE!!???
    I think you should give it a try anyway. My grades weren't very high (due to certain circumstances) but I really wanted to study Biochemistry at UoM, so I made a really impressive personal statement (and a very honest one) saying why I'd love to study the subject. Then I got an interview and again I was very honest and enthusiastic about the subject I applied for and due to the fact that I've showed them that I REALLY want to study that and that the subject fascinates me, they gave me a place at the university.

Point being, if you really want to study the subject, show that in your personal statement and give it a try. As long as your grades are not WAY bellow their requirements they might give you a chance.

ReputationRep:
    What are your grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you already applied? And what're your predicted grades in comparison to the entry requirements?

If you get rejected, your 3 options are

A. Adjustment.

B. Going to a different uni and transferring (I wouldn't advise this one)

C. Taking a gap year and retaking/reapplying

I only got BCCC and i was 90% sure manchester would reject me for an engineering degree i applied for but they gave me an offer after 4 days. If your predicteds, PS and reference are good then you're normally fine

ReputationRep:
    I have aleready been accepted to study at Uni of Hull for Anthropology but I have heard that it is a rough area, I have also been accepted to study at York st Johns, MMU, Durham and uni of Hudz
    So far I am thinking MMU but that is for eng/social combined
    So I won't be able to apply now for UoM will I?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawliettt)
    Have you already applied? And what're your predicted grades in comparison to the entry requirements?

If you get rejected, your 3 options are

A. Adjustment.

B. Going to a different uni and transferring (I wouldn't advise this one)

C. Taking a gap year and retaking/reapplying

I only got BCCC and i was 90% sure manchester would reject me for an engineering degree i applied for but they gave me an offer after 4 days. If your predicteds, PS and reference are good then you're normally fine
    I haven't put them down as my option as I wasn't being optimistic now I have no idea what to do!! I really want to go there and my predicted grades for this year are BCC
    WHAT SHOULD I DO!!! I really want to go there?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't put them down as my option as I wasn't being optimistic
    WHAT SHOULD I DO!!! I really want to go there?
    I suppose your only option is adjustment.

Revise and try to get their entry requirements for your A2's then use adjustment to attempt to enter their course. If you applied with your current status then you'd have been rejected. Clearing probably won't have spaces either

ReputationRep:
    Manchester gives offers to almost all applicants. Go for it fam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawliettt)
    I suppose your only option is adjustment.

Revise and try to get their entry requirements for your A2's then use adjustment to attempt to enter their course. If you applied with your current status then you'd have been rejected. Clearing probably won't have spaces either
    Noo i never applied there in the first place, also how do i apply through adjustment ??

ReputationRep:
    Noo i never applied there in the first place, also how do i apply through adjustment ??
    You'd need to meet and exceed the terms of your firm offer, which will render you eligible to trade up to a better uni while retaining your existing uni place (like a no risk version of Clearing). Then, if Manchester has spaces and you're within shooting distance of their grades, they may be willing to take you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    What are your grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol true

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.