Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to handle stress? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    That's life you can't hide from it. Being an adult sucks. :nosebleed:

This is so true, I am finding the transition into adulthood a very difficult one. I just want to go hide under my covers, accept lately I have been pushing through the work whilst simultaneously crying, doesn't feel good either way. :bawling:
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by Indeterminate)
    :console:

Music!!! :yes: But it generally helps to think positively, i.e about the stuff that makes you happy

Besides, nothing can be important than a person's happiness :noway: so you shouldn't consider it to be such a big deal. Just give it your best shot!

I think I'm just having one of my moments, I just don't know how I'm going to get through writing another 6 pages of my coursework tonight when I've spent the last 2 hours perfecting 3 pages :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    Ugh trust me I will be exactly like you v v soon when simultaneous coursework strikes, I really don't know how people do it :eek3:

I can't wait until I'm in uni and actually studying a subject I actually love :zomg:
    It's making me feel sick tbh, like I actually feel ill with the amount of stress I feel. My mum is starting to worry, she keeps saying "Why don't you just finish it faster?" and I'm like "MOTHER, It doesn't work like that...".

I have study notes to complete as well, ugh I just can't deal with life right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    This is so true, I am finding the transition into adulthood a very difficult one. I just want to go hide under my covers, accept lately I have been pushing through the work whilst simultaneously crying, doesn't feel good either way. :bawling:

:bawling::bawling::bawling::crazy::goodnight:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    :bawling::bawling::bawling::crazy::goodnight:
    I just came on here to have a moan(this was the perfect thread), I feel a bit better now after that moan, thanks :') for helping me release my frustrations at life.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

I think I'm just having one of my moments, I just don't know how I'm going to get through writing another 6 pages of my coursework tonight when I've spent the last 2 hours perfecting 3 pages :zomg:
    Well, all you can do is give it your best shot. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I just came on here to have a moan(this was the perfect thread), I feel a bit better now after that moan, thanks :' for helping me release my frustrations at life.
    Yep it's a hard knock life out there lol
    Good luck with everything bb girl xo

ReputationRep:
    Some of you probably think it's really lame that I'm stressing about work at this time of the year but it happens, around this time every single year. But this year it's really getting to me..to the point where I've gotten an eye twitch whenever some sort of exam period is near (I think some of you know about my infamous twitch omg :rofl:)

I've got a ridiculous ton of coursework to get through - one hasn't begun but I'm trying to get a head start because if I don't then I'm asking to have a breakdown - and I have a personal deadline to finish creating my revision notes for 2/3 of my subjects by the the end of February. I've never wanted to bury myself under 6ft of gravel as much as I do now :getmecoat:

How on earth do you guys manage to handle your stress? Please do not suggest soaking myself beside a candlelight in my own pool of dirt (aka a bath) because the idea really does not appeal to me other ways to deal with stress would be fab pls and ty

Also, a lot of my uni friends say that A2 is even more stressful than than the first year of uni is. Is this true? Give me some hope :moon:
    deeeeeeep twitching aswell lol
    i am probably in the same position as u or worser i have offers at grades aaa
    and literally what i do from last week i go with time
    so for eg u said u had a personal deadline to finish a lot of work u rather take it in smaller deadlines and have +/- in ur deadline as this wont make u rush and u will understand it more

ReputationRep:
    Some of you probably think it's really lame that I'm stressing about work at this time of the year but it happens, around this time every single year. But this year it's really getting to me..to the point where I've gotten an eye twitch whenever some sort of exam period is near (I think some of you know about my infamous twitch omg :rofl:)

I've got a ridiculous ton of coursework to get through - one hasn't begun but I'm trying to get a head start because if I don't then I'm asking to have a breakdown - and I have a personal deadline to finish creating my revision notes for 2/3 of my subjects by the the end of February. I've never wanted to bury myself under 6ft of gravel as much as I do now :getmecoat:

How on earth do you guys manage to handle your stress? Please do not suggest soaking myself beside a candlelight in my own pool of dirt (aka a bath) because the idea really does not appeal to me other ways to deal with stress would be fab pls and ty

Also, a lot of my uni friends say that A2 is even more stressful than than the first year of uni is. Is this true? Give me some hope :moon:
    Keep calm, focus on the task ahead. Breakdown everything you need to do.
    OP what grades are you aiming for btw?

ReputationRep:
    Lol I just read the twitch part XD Oh my gosh I can SO relate, when I get really nervous one side of my cheek twitches so much and I can't control it...I found that out when I was doing my GCSE English presentation infront of the whole class, I looked ridiculous and from then on I realised I cannot do public speaking.
    • Welcome Squad

Lol I just read the twitch part XD Oh my gosh I can SO relate, when I get really nervous one side of my cheek twitches so much and I can't control it...I found that out when I was doing my GCSE English presentation infront of the whole class, I looked ridiculous and from then on I realised I cannot do public speaking.
    LOOOL yeah the twitch is real, it only started happening this year though

I don't know but I understand what you mean about the cheek twitch haha. When it comes to public speaking I realise that I'm suddenly running out of breath and have to keep breathing deeply??? :lol:
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by SANTR)
    Keep calm, focus on the task ahead. Breakdown everything you need to do.
    OP what grades are you aiming for btw?
    If only I could take on that advice straight on :zomg: what do you mean, like set deadlines within deadlines?

Target grades are AAB-ABB, not close to the highest lmao

It's the the grades I'm worried about at the moment, it's the fact that I don't have complete and utter control over everything that I'm doing! :cry:
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by Helpme.)
    deeeeeeep twitching aswell lol
    i am probably in the same position as u or worser i have offers at grades aaa
    and literally what i do from last week i go with time
    so for eg u said u had a personal deadline to finish a lot of work u rather take it in smaller deadlines and have +/- in ur deadline as this wont make u rush and u will understand it more
    Yep, twitching just shows how I've hit the stress jackpot LOL

AAA, damn :eek2: yeah, you've got a higher target to reach than I do (ABB) so it seems like I'm fussing about nothing but it's just the way I am :eek3: I guess everyone has a goal they'll find difficult heading towards.

Ah that's what I asked earlier? So if I had work set in a week from now I complete half of it in 2 days and the other half in another 2 days???
    • Welcome Squad

I just came on here to have a moan(this was the perfect thread), I feel a bit better now after that moan, thanks :' for helping me release my frustrations at life.
    Please pass some of this calmness to me, I've done 2 1/2 more pages since last posting and I'm just a tip toe away from my state earlier :rofl:
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by Indeterminate)
    Well, all you can do is give it your best shot. Good luck!
    prsom, you are fabulous

ReputationRep:
    If only I could take on that advice straight on :zomg: what do you mean, like set deadlines within deadlines?

Target grades are AAB-ABB, not close to the highest lmao

It's the the grades I'm worried about at the moment, it's the fact that I don't have complete and utter control over everything that I'm doing! :cry:
    Set deadlines which are realistic.
    Have you started making notes?
    I'm doing AS atm, just out of interest, do you find A2 a big jump from AS in terms of workload?

ReputationRep:
    - try getting lots of sleep (I shouldn't be the one to say this )
    - have some time for yourself, and have fun
    - make sure you are planning effectively
    - go for a walk often
    - stretch and exercise (really does help)
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by SANTR)
    Set deadlines which are realistic.
    Have you started making notes?
    I'm doing AS atm, just out of interest, do you find A2 a big jump from AS in terms of workload?
    Yeah I have, I'm ahead in Sociology so that's a little reassuring but then at the same time it isn't because our class is way behind where we're actually meant to be since my teacher has been off a lot (one has a son whose having major health problems and has to take days off because her husband is also a teacher). I'm ahead with my IT notes, and I also am with my IT coursework because I made the app over the summer (so I've got a month to use to carry on with socio). With English I can't really get ahead because we're reading a medieval text and there is no modern translation available online :cry:

The jump is sooo much bigger between AS and A2 than GCSE to AS, trust me. The content you learn gets really dense, depending on your subject(s). What are you studying?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    prsom, you are fabulous

I do try my best

ReputationRep:
    pop a couple valium and chill to some future

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.