Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It's my TSR birthday. AMA Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Today Pancakes/Wonderland is two years old :party:

This is my second AMA (my first one didn't go too well :erm:)

The time period during which I've had my TSR account has been interesting to say the least. There have been multiple ups and downs; like a really scary rollercoaster.

Go on, ask me anything I will answer as truthfully and in as much detail as possible :angelblush:.
    • Welcome Squad

omg :dance: i have nothing to say but i love you OP so i'm happy you are still here one year later, even without the pancaked :lovehug:xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    omg :dance: i have nothing to say but i love you OP so i'm happy you are still here one year later, even without the pancaked :lovehug:xxxx
    Love you too :lovehug: I'm super happy that you joined TSR; it's a far more optimistic place now :party:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Do you think you'll make it to the third year?

What happened to your previous AMA?

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the best thing about TSR is / and worst?

Have you used it consistently over the past 2 years or do you have periods of not using it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IFoundWonderland)
    Today Pancakes/Wonderland is two years old
    I didn't want to ask anything even though this is an AMA thread. I just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday! I hope you have a great day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Do you think you'll make it to the third year?

What happened to your previous AMA?
    I think so... my tendency for procrastination would suggest it anyway also 12 gems = life goals

It fell under the radar :getmecoat:

(Original post by EtherealNymph22)
    What do you think the best thing about TSR is / and worst?

Have you used it consistently over the past 2 years or do you have periods of not using it?
    Best: the way it actually functions as a community and gives young people a platform to voice their views, which they wouldn't otherwise have. I'm really interested in Social Anthropology and the community aspect of TSR is kind of unique.

Worst: it's become increasingly less controversial owing to moderation becoming stricter. I used to frequent the society forum, but I do it less now because there isn't really any genuine debate anymore.

Pretty consistently. I think the longest I've gone in not using it is about a month. I didn't use it much over the summer. Essentially, don't use it when I'm busy .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    I didn't want to ask anything even though this is an AMA thread. I just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday! I hope you have a great day.
    :lol: no one got me a birthday card or present </3 I might order a dominos pizza and wallow in self-pity to mark the event :hoppy:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I wondered where Pancakes had gone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think so... my tendency for procrastination would suggest it anyway also 12 gems = life goals

Best: the way it actually functions as a community and gives young people a platform to voice their views, which they wouldn't otherwise have. I'm really interested in Social Anthropology and the community aspect of TSR is kind of unique.

Worst: it's become increasingly less controversial owing to moderation becoming stricter. I used to frequent the society forum, but I do it less now because there isn't really any genuine debate anymore.

Pretty consistently. I think the longest I've gone in not using it is about a month. I didn't use it much over the summer. Essentially, don't use it when I'm busy .
    That's really true. I haven't been using TSR regularly enough to notice the change in forum moderation. I've only been using it for a few months though I signed up ages ago. So I'm actually older than you .

Or essentially, you don't use it when you're not procrastinating from work since in the summer you don't have any ? 😂

What stage of education are you at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I wondered where Pancakes had gone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :rofl: I've been here all along :moon:
    • Welcome Squad

:lol: no one got me a birthday card or present </3 I might order a dominos pizza and wallow in self-pity to mark the event :hoppy:
    :mmm:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bAPlojfgO0
    sorry just got bored researching soaps and couldn't resist xxxxxx
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:

Who knows, maybe uni will give you a new outlook on life. looking forward to it?

:eek4: 12 gems.. we'll be here forever.

Today Pancakes/Wonderland is two years old :party:

This is my second AMA (my first one didn't go too well :erm:)

The time period during which I've had my TSR account has been interesting to say the least. There have been multiple ups and downs; like a really scary rollercoaster.

Go on, ask me anything I will answer as truthfully and in as much detail as possible :angelblush:.
    OP, you're such a cool kid :smug: All the cool kids are born in January!!!
    Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
    GO CAPRICORNS
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Will you wish a happy birthday to me tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EtherealNymph22)
    That's really true. I haven't been using TSR regularly enough to notice the change in forum moderation. I've only been using it for a few months though I signed up ages ago. So I'm actually older than you .

Or essentially, you don't use it when you're not procrastinating from work since in the summer you don't have any ? 😂

What stage of education are you at?
    :eek: how old are you and why have you begun using it more?

Pretty much :lol: in the summer I work and go out a lot; there's no time to procrastinate on the Internet

I'm doing a gap year before uni.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: how old are you and why have you begun using it more?

Pretty much :lol: in the summer I work and go out a lot; there's no time to procrastinate on the Internet

I'm doing a gap year before uni.
    what will you do in your gap year?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: I've been here all along :moon:
    I've missed you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what's your best tsr memory?
    AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    :mmm:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bAPlojfgO0
    sorry just got bored researching soaps and couldn't resist xxxxxx
    Properly laughed at that :lol: that's me right now :moon: I might even make myself a party hat too :teehee:

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Who knows, maybe uni will give you a new outlook on life. looking forward to it?

:eek4: 12 gems.. we'll be here forever.
    I sincerely doubt it :hide: I might use it less, but the addiction is real.

SO SO MUCH :woo: I cannot wait to move out of my house

Dude, rep inflation dictates it'll be less than a year :cool:

(Original post by homeland.lsw)
    OP, you're such a cool kid :smug: All the cool kids are born in January!!!
    Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
    GO CAPRICORNS
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Will you wish a happy birthday to me tomorrow?
    Thanks dude :cool: although I'm a Scorpio for real and we're actually the coolest :smug:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    of course. I'll get you a present too :bubbles:

Happy tsr birthday!!

It is officially too late for you to try and leave :console: you are bound to this site forever.
    How do you feel about this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.