Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    a girl in my school got engaged when she was 13 to her 18 year old bf.........but they broke up last year.....
    :eek: is that legal?

24-25

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    don't think you need permission for engagement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    that's what i was thinkin

ReputationRep:
    labour have brought in a new law where it's illegal for anyone over the age of 16 to touch intinmately/kiss/do anything to a minor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    where's the 'i don't want to get married' option?
    really? how come?

ReputationRep:
    really? how come?
    waste of money. i know i'll be getting a divorce.

ReputationRep:
    aww, dont be silly. but what if you found someone you really love? surely you wont be thinking about divorce?

ReputationRep:
    aww, dont be silly. but what if you found someone you really love? surely you wont be thinking about divorce?
    i'm not getting married, i know that much

ReputationRep:
    You marry someone rich then and make money instead.

ReputationRep:
    i'd say around the age of 25 - 28 is a good age to get married because it's not too young, and it's not old either!

ReputationRep:
    As soon as legal baby- to ANYONE!

Basically as soon as f**king possible!!!

...so yes, W E L L under 16!!

Stu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    You marry someone rich then and make money instead.
    i'll be rich anyway, i just can't be bothered with the hassle. i'll never trust anyone enough to marry them - sad i know

ReputationRep:
    oh well, tis only a piece of paper anyway

ReputationRep:
    where's the 'i dont want to get married' option?
    this isnt the thread for you then! lol

personally, around 30ish, i put the later option on the pol but late 20's early 30's perhaps, fair play to younger couples getting married but i would prefer some experience in life before i settle down (which is what i relate marriage too, skewed perception perhaps)

some guy i worked with must have been 25 and he was married and had already 2-3 kids with another on the way:eek: he was doing a law degree at the same time too!:eek: his eldest was a walking/talking kid too, not a young un....

...that scares me

ReputationRep:
    i have a friend that says the same, and that is because his parents got divorced and they didn't handle it very well, took it out on the children. he thinks that you can still be in love without marriage.

ReputationRep:
    i have a friend that says the same, and that is because his parents got divorced and they didn't handle it very well, took it out on the children. he thinks that you can still be in love without marriage.
    yeah that's what i think really - i mean, it would be nice, but it's easier to sort things out if they don't go to plan.

ReputationRep:
    No, but you do to get married, if under 16. As engagement is usually accompanied by the traditional 'asking of the hand' it's kind of implicit.

ReputationRep:
    yeah that's what i think really - i mean, it would be nice, but it's easier to sort things out if they don't go to plan.
    That's a really negative outlook . You're assuming things have a better chance of going wrong than going right. Where is the love, people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i went to a silver wedding anniversary on firday night of some family friends. i was suprised they got married when the woman was 19 and the man was 21 and everyone there had got married at a similar age except my parents (who were in their 30s despite knowing each other since birth)... and last week i was working with a girl who was 22 and married :eek:

how old do you want to be when you get married? *poll on it's way*

lou xxx
    eek! Indeed. If you spend as much time as this on UKL you may never get married. Might be a good thing, spare the gene pool etc etc

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.