Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

getting married watch

Announcements

(Original post by ickle_katy)
    in my perfect world id love to get married at 23.

it seems young,but ive alwasy done things young. i sat my gcse's at 15, my aLevels at 17 i'm leaving uni at 20...so it just seems the next step.

if im stil not married at 30...i think i'll be depressed.

love Katy ***
    unless you were only just 15/17 they aren't especially young though. I turned 16 half-way through GCSEs and 18 half way through A-levels. Several people in my year were 15/17 because of having late birthdays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    That's a really negative outlook . You're assuming things have a better chance of going wrong than going right. Where is the love, people?
    dead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    dead
    For once, an answer I agree with. Of course, that's assuming it was ever alive in the first place...

ReputationRep:
    That's a really negative outlook . You're assuming things have a better chance of going wrong than going right. Where is the love, people?
    black eyed peas are wondering the same :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    dead
    Love is dead. Long live love!

ReputationRep:
    Love is dead. Long live love!
    come on - it's obvious there will be affairs/cheating in most relationships - i just don't see the point in making loads of vows that won't be kept.

come on - it's obvious there will be affairs/cheating in most relationships - i just don't see the point in making loads of vows that won't be kept.
    so you would cheat on your hubby?
    rosie

ReputationRep:
    tragic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    so you would cheat on your hubby?
    rosie
    i'm not getting a hubby

ReputationRep:
    Write your own vows then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    tragic
    realistic i'm afraid. don't fancy getting screwed over more than once in my lifetime.

i'm not getting a hubby
    what i mean is, you said "i just don't see the point in making loads of vows that won't be kept" - so if you did have a boyfriend/SO/whatever, you would cheat on them then? (as I don't really see the difference between cheating on a boyfriend or a husband)

ReputationRep:
    Write your own vows then.
    then there would be no point in marriage if you saw my vows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    what i mean is, you said "i just don't see the point in making loads of vows that won't be kept" - so if you did have a boyfriend/SO/whatever, you would cheat on them then? (as I don't really see the difference between cheating on a boyfriend or a husband)
    how can i answer that? no one can know that. i'd like to think i definitely wouldn't, but i could never say now 100% that i wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Notice how all the men want to get married later, and girls you need men to be married so getting married young may not happen!

29 is a cool age, and am not sure why I chose 24 on the poll.

ReputationRep:
    realistic i'm afraid. don't fancy getting screwed over more than once in my lifetime.
    go about with that attitude and you'll get screwed over every time!

I got very hurt by my ex. My current (and hopefully final) partner is fab. Would hate to think I had missed out on what we have because I let my [email protected] ex phook my life up....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    go about with that attitude and you'll get screwed over every time!

I got very hurt by my ex. My current (and hopefully final) partner is fab. Would hate to think I had missed out on what we have because I let my [email protected] ex phook my life up....
    good for you.

ReputationRep:
    then there would be no point in marriage if you saw my vows.
    Well that doesn't sound like you couldn't trust anyone enough to marry them, more that you don't think you can be trusted.

how can i answer that? no one can know that. i'd like to think i definitely wouldn't, but i could never say now 100% that i wouldn't.
    there is a difference though between resisting any temptations you might feel because you want to be faithful and having the attitude that it will probably happen and you have no control over it.

Saying you wouldn't bother making vows because they would just get broken implies that you subscribe more to the second view.

ReputationRep:
    Well that doesn't sound like you couldn't trust anyone enough to marry them, more that you don't think you can be trusted.
    well, whatever, you don't know me, or anything about me. i just came on for a break from revision. end of conversation. it's my life, all i'm saying is right now i can;t see myself ever getting married.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.