Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Urgent lose weight help Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    Yes you're right about that! I should have clarified that better in my post....controlled refeeds are key
    Yup, even that one meal is enough to give you something to look forward to towards the end of the week, then once you've eaten it you're like "Well, that's my junk fix well and truly satisfied, **** I can't move..." :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Yup, even that one meal is enough to give you something to look forward to towards the end of the week, then once you've eaten it you're like "Well, that's my junk fix well and truly satisfied, **** I can't move..." :rofl:
    I go straight to sleep after I eat huge meals like that! On my last cut I went all out and had full on cheat days it did set me back a tiny bit but I didn't care :lol:

It's important to remember you can only diet for so long before everything starts plateauing then you know its time to eat at maintenance for a while before going back again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    I go straight to sleep after I eat huge meals like that! On my last cut I went all out and had full on cheat days it did set me back a tiny bit but I didn't care :lol:

It's important to remember you can only diet for so long before everything starts plateauing then you know its time to eat at maintenance for a while before going back again
    I couldn't do it mate, as I said I'm a big eater and I cut aggressively but I could still out-eat a week's deficit if left to my own device :lol: So I have to show a bit of restraint, even on my cheat meal I avoid completely stuffing myself. Thing is, when I was skinny I'd have the odd takeaway and I'd challenge myself to eat that large pizza all in one go and struggle so much to get that last slice down, now I know I could do it easily after 3 years of eating to gain but most of the time I just don't, I just eat until I stop enjoying it. Even when I'm bulking I take the same approach or I just end up eating too much, 3500 a day is a piece of piss for me.

Yeah, taking a week off is good for the mind and body if it's a long one. As I said though I like to cut aggressively so my cuts never really extend beyond a few months so I never get to that stage, in fact I'll be doing a 5 monther starting next month and then from there I'm gonna start a 16 week bulking/4 week cutting protocol to help me stay leaner all year while getting bigger, don't feel like the once a year approach is beneficial to me at this stage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I couldn't do it mate, as I said I'm a big eater and I cut aggressively but I could still out-eat a week's deficit if left to my own device :lol: So I have to show a bit of restraint, even on my cheat meal I avoid completely stuffing myself. Thing is, when I was skinny I'd have the odd takeaway and I'd challenge myself to eat that large pizza all in one go and struggle so much to get that last slice down, now I know I could do it easily after 3 years of eating to gain but most of the time I just don't, I just eat until I stop enjoying it. Even when I'm bulking I take the same approach or I just end up eating too much, 3500 a day is a piece of piss for me.

Yeah, taking a week off is good for the mind and body if it's a long one. As I said though I like to cut aggressively so my cuts never really extend beyond a few months so I never get to that stage, in fact I'll be doing a 5 monther starting next month and then from there I'm gonna start a 16 week bulking/4 week cutting protocol to help me stay leaner all year while getting bigger, don't feel like the once a year approach is beneficial to me at this stage.
    It's probably because you've gained a considerable amount of muscle mass that you need all kindzzzzzzzz of fuel :rofl:

I'm scared of getting chubby so i now my bulks only last for about 5-6 weeks no longer than that then i cut for maybe 1 week and repeat....so i make slow lean gains over time! I hate tracking stuff but maybe if i got myself to do it then i could do longer bulks but i cba with this counting **** even with my fitness pal it just feels like a chore weighing everything ffs :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayandbey)
    does anyone have any good tips on losing weight fast?
    Contrary to what some people say you shouldn't cut out carbs completely. You still need them as your first source of energy.

-Eat less carbs and they have to be complex carbs.
    -Eat lean proteins, nuts, seeds and natural live yoghurt.
    -Get your fat intake from nuts and seeds (unsaturated fats).
    -Exercise and eat smaller portions of anything you eat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    It's probably because you've gained a considerable amount of muscle mass that you need all kindzzzzzzzz of fuel :rofl:

I'm scared of getting chubby so i now my bulks only last for about 5-6 weeks no longer than that then i cut for maybe 1 week and repeat....so i make slow lean gains over time! I hate tracking stuff but maybe if i got myself to do it then i could do longer bulks but i cba with this counting **** even with my fitness pal it just feels like a chore weighing everything ffs :lol:
    I've always tracked stuff tbh, can't go wrong then My mental maths is good anyways so I just tot stuff up fairly roughly and keep a mental note, for example if I was slightly over 500 calories on one meal then I'll try and be slightly under for the next one to even things out. Doesn't take much effort at all when you've been doing it for so long!

With the 16/4 approach (Lyle McDonald protocol) I'll be eating to gain 1lb a week for 16 weeks, assuming at least 10lbs is fat gain in that time I'll then be aiming to lose 3lbs a week for 4 weeks. Should keep me in the 8-12% bracket all year while making good gains Once you're advanced, it only makes sense to bulk and cut once a year if you compete once a year, all the fitness models stick to much shorter bulking and cutting phases and do multiple phases per year and they still get bigger.

ReputationRep:
    Increase your carbs to around double what you're currently eating

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.