The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL: GCSE AQA Chemistry - C1- Higher- 19th May 2016 - AM

Scroll to see replies

yo whats up devoid, howd you find it lowkey
Reply 101
Original post by Obnox
Has anyone got the balanced equation, it really confused me but i remember that it had 4Fe in it...

How many marks was that question, i forgot?
the invigilator sucked me off before , so it was okay mat
Original post by Obnox
Has anyone got the balanced equation, it really confused me but i remember that it had 4Fe in it...

I didn't use any 4's i put 2Fe2O (if i remember correctly)
this meant 4 irons and 2 oxygens and i can't remember the rest of the equation btu i may be wrong
Original post by Obnox

2Fe2O3 + 3C -> 4Fe + 3CO2
Reply 105
Original post by Ads.m

It was 2 marks, 1 for writing Fe in the gap and the other mark for balancing it.
Original post by Obnox
Has anyone got the balanced equation, it really confused me but i remember that it had 4Fe in it...[/QUOT

4FeO + 2C ------> 7Fe + 5CO2

(ps this is definatly right i swer mandem)
Original post by Ads.m

5 marks i think
Reply 108
That was such a fairly straightforward exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
Original post by fingerbumtig

Nice i got that as well.
Original post by fingerbumtig

I had this exactly. We have points here at least!
I got that to
Original post by DannyPaulCooke
I hope you all had a good exam, I am not sure whether mine went well or not, but at least its one exam out of the way! What did everyone put for the question asking how you could improve the experiment with the spirit burner? I said that you could use a copper beaker, as it would allow the heat to transfer faster and more efficiently. The only reason that I put this is because we used a copper cup in calorimetry :s-smilie:

I said insulate the apparatus so more of the heat energy from the fuels reaches the water? I also got that from calorimetry :biggrin:
[QUOTE="Holamegustapollo;64945723"]
Original post by Obnox
Has anyone got the balanced equation, it really confused me but i remember that it had 4Fe in it...[/QUOT

you filthy liar lowkey
Original post by Obnox

clearly its not lol... you have 4 oxygen atoms on left and 10 on the right lmao
Original post by Obnox

I hope you get hit by a bus
Original post by surina16
Do you think it matters that I drew butane in pencil and not pen? Post-exam paranoia is starting to kick in and now I'm worried it win't be picked up :/

I did it in pencil at first but changed it to pen after worrying that pencil wouldn't scan in properly. It should be fine though as long as you used an HB pencil

Original post by Obnox

Something like:
2Fe2O3+ 3C -> 4Fe + 2CO2
Reply 117
Original post by surina16
I said insulate the apparatus so more of the heat energy from the fuels reaches the water? I also got that from calorimetry :biggrin:

I put that you should put a lid on the beaker to stop energy getting lost to the surroundings :s-smilie:
I am very upset coz da madem hit the dong and said it was to gud for de mandem bra, his name is 'fingerbumtig', he is a bully i swer ma nan
Original post by 0lut0
That was such a fairly straightforward exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

IK!!! I was expecting it to be really hard amd thought miller-urey would come up but it was basically all on hydrocarbons and easy stuff!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending