Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a third year biomedical sciences student and I'm panicking so much.
    I only revised for my first exam which I did today, because the content took me so long to learn. And now I have another exam on Friday 22nd and then two more on the 26th and 27th. Two modules have 18 lectures.1 has 17.
    My endocrinology has 6 topics and I've just chosen to focus on 4. So that cuts it down to 12 lectures.
    That's 47 lectures to cover. :frown::cry2::cry:

I've looked at the past papers and it seems so hard to guess the topics, for example, one paper is split up into sections A, B and C and they each have two questions. So if I selectively revise I might not be able to answer any of the 2 questions in a section.

How can I schedule my revision from now until the exams?
    Any help appreciated, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsAnnaYay)
    I'm a third year biomedical sciences student and I'm panicking so much.
    I only revised for my first exam which I did today, because the content took me so long to learn. And now I have another exam on Friday 22nd and then two more on the 26th and 27th. They each have 18 lectures.

I've looked at the past papers and it seems so hard to guess the topics, for example, one paper is split up into sections A, B and C and they each have two questions. So if I selectively revise I might not be able to answer any of the 2 questions in a section.

How can I schedule my revision from now until the exams?
    Any help appreciated, thank you.
    You have four days I'm not sure of a good way to actually fit everything in but I have a way of revision that helps to keep you focus (perhaps)... I personally think its a good idea (whether notes or learning material) go for a solid half-hour doing the work (or whatever time it takes you to do a topic) no distractions just complete revision, then go for a five minute break. Do it again and go for a 10 minute break then again and a fifteen minute break (as you will have covered a lot and may become... hmm 'fidgety'? so need larger breaks like a delayed reward), its surprisingly good and helps you to cover several hours of revision which can help you get the whole exam material in within the time limit you have. But best advice keep things that distract you out of reach they will not help you at all (e.g. phones, laptops etc.) and yeah just try to get everything in. If you can't do this in the timelimit go for the topics that are difficult and the easy ones (if they appear) you will kinow some information to answer the questions, good luck and don't overwork yourself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.