11rjones
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hey guys, i need some help translating this into german, thanks!!

My ideal plane journey would have been luxurious and relaxing, however as you can see in my picture, the plane I was on clearly was not any of those things.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^
Maz A
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 11rjones)
hey guys, i need some help translating this into german, thanks!!

My ideal plane journey would have been luxurious and relaxing, however as you can see in my picture, the plane I was on clearly was not any of those things.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^
Hmm your translation is coming up with ^^ (to the power of). Why not try a translating software like sdl or google translate and look for a translation on there? but make sure you don't go word for word as they're not always accurate.
Student403
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Maz A)
Hmm your translation is coming up with ^^ (to the power of). Why not try a translating software like sdl or google translate and look for a translation on there? but make sure you don't go word for word as they're not always accurate.
xD
11rjones
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maz A)
My ideal plane journey would have been luxurious and relaxing, however as you can see in my picture, the plane I was on clearly was not any of those things. Please translate that into german for me!
11rjones
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maz A)
If i had more time, i'd have complained to the airport management team.
Please translate this as well, would be a great help!
Maz A
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 11rjones)
Please translate this as well, would be a great help!
I'm afraid your first post doesn't have an image of a plane or German language, it comes up with ^^^^^.
11rjones
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Nathanaelion)
Native speaker here.

Equals roughly:

Idealerweise wäre meine Reise in einer luxuriös und entspannt verlaufen, allerdings war mein Flugzeug - wie Sie auf dem Bild sehen können - eindeutig keines von beiden. Wenn ich mehr Zeit gehabt hätte, hätte ich mich beim Flughafenpersonal beschwert.

If your relationship with the adressant is more personal than formal, substitute "wie Sie auf dem Bild sehen können" with "wie du auf dem Bild sehen kannst".
Thanks so much! its for my essay so is it correct?
11rjones
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maz A)
I'm afraid your first post doesn't have an image of a plane or German language, it comes up with ^^^^^.

could you translate this aswell?

Yes definitely! I plan to go again next year but i will choose a different flight company, however next year i would like to go hiking instead of skiing.
11rjones
Rep:
?
(Original post by Student403)
xD
could you translate this aswell?

Yes definitely! I plan to go again next year but i will choose a different flight company, however next year i would like to go hiking instead of skiing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (97)
13.02%
1 (93)
12.48%
2 (94)
12.62%
19.33%
22.55%
20%

Watched Threads