Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Green tea?! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does green tea actually help you lose weight?

ReputationRep:
    I've heard it helps. Don't just rely on green tea and eat loads of junk. Do excercise too.

ReputationRep:
    No - it's an alternative to things that make you gain weight.

Eat less, move more - that's pretty much it.

I recommend this for further reading. Unbiased, free and without any fitness trainer promotion crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    I've heard it helps. Don't just rely on green tea and eat loads of junk. Do excercise too.
    okay thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chaz W)
    No - it's an alternative to things that make you gain weight.

Eat less, move more - that's pretty much it.

I recommend this for further reading. Unbiased, free and without any fitness trainer promotion crap.
    ah okay, yeah ive started running

ReputationRep:
    No, trust me it doesn't. Anyone who says it will actually have an affect on your weight is either outright lying (so selling those ridiculous weight loss teas) or has no idea what they are talking about or has confirmation bias with a prior experience. The amount at which green tea raises your metabolic rate isn't even enough to burn off a piece of cucumber.

If you want to lose weight eat less, it's as simple as that.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I did some green tea diet. Didn't work, it's mainly just a fad.

It is good for you, but the the weight loss thing isn't that much.

Makes you look fresher though for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    in my experience, it did.after about a week or so, you could see a noticeable difference, but i didn't carry it on for more than 3 weeks due to laziness i drank about 3 cups a day, and i've read online that drinking less than 3 a day doesn't really do anything. i didn't change my diet or excerise more than i did then, so im 100% sure the green tea is the cause of my weight loss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    Yeah, I did some green tea diet. Didn't work, it's mainly just a fad.

It is good for you, but the the weight loss thing isn't that much.

Makes you look fresher though for some reason.
    Really? i dont really like it but i might just stick with it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leodicaprio1)
    If you don't like it - don't drink it. It's really not worth the very minimal health benefits. You'd be better drinking a decent amount of water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leodicaprio1)
    Well, i still drink it. Helps the skin.

ReputationRep:
    drinking just green tea won't make you lose weight, but it's healthy for you (providing u get the right green tea), the healthier you eat/drink the fitter you can get and the more weight you can lose

my mom is some health nut so if u need any quick advice on losing weight/toning up just msg me

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, get proper green tea, that chinese green tea gave me explosive diarrhea and a girl in the middle east got hepatitis from it.

Necessary Edit: The Middle Eastern girl got hepatitis from the crappy Chinese Green Tea, not my Explosive Diarrhea.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.