Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dry skin on face Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have dry skin on my face and a red patch and been trying all sorts of creams but none get rid of it. I've heard coffee scrub is good? I think it may be a mild form of eczema.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leodicaprio1)
    I have dry skin on my face and a red patch and been trying all sorts of creams but none get rid of it. I've heard coffee scrub is good? I think it may be a mild form of eczema.
    If it gets worse, perhaps see a doctor who can prescribe you antibiotics or a special emollient. Have you tried E45?

ReputationRep:
    An Oscar would solve all your problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)
    If it gets worse, perhaps see a doctor who can prescribe you antibiotics or a special emollient. Have you tried E45?
    Yeahh ive tried it, not seen a doctor about it, that may be the next step, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever tried double base ? It's a gelled cream that treats dry skin very well.
    I've personally never tried the coffee scrub method but I do recommend an oatmeal scrub, it works just as well and leaves your skin nice and supple afterwards.
    Also, try putting on castor oil over the areas that are dry, but do not use it for more than three consecutive days in a row (there is a possibility you could break out)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DevilInANewDress)
    An Oscar would solve all your problems.
    Legendary

ReputationRep:
    Cweeem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kandykissesxox)
    Have you ever tried double base ? It's a gelled cream that treats dry skin very well.
    I've personally never tried the coffee scrub method but I do recommend an oatmeal scrub, it works just as well and leaves your skin nice and supple afterwards.
    Also, try putting on castor oil over the areas that are dry, but do not use it for more than three consecutive days in a row (there is a possibility you could break out)
    thank you, Ive not tried any of those but I'll give them a go

ReputationRep:
    Legendary
    Thank you but if you are genuinely in need of help i heard semen could do the trick.

ReputationRep:
    thank you, Ive not tried any of those but I'll give them a go
    welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DevilInANewDress)
    Thank you but if you are genuinely in need of help i heard semen could do the trick.
    I'll try it out tonight...

ReputationRep:
    drink water

ReputationRep:
    I'd go to the doctors if I were you, it sounds like eczema. If it is they should be able to give you a mild steroid cream such as hydrocortisone to clear it up and some moisturiser to keep it away. Hope it goes away soon!

ReputationRep:
    My sister had eczema and the doctor or dermatologist gave her skin cream that has steroids in it. Instead of rubbing coffee into your face speak to a professional before it gets worse

ReputationRep:
    Fam.

ReputationRep:
    Shea Butter. You'll never have a dry face again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren_1789)
    I'd go to the doctors if I were you, it sounds like eczema. If it is they should be able to give you a mild steroid cream such as hydrocortisone to clear it up and some moisturiser to keep it away. Hope it goes away soon!
    thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Shea Butter. You'll never have a dry face again.
    really? not heard that! thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    Fam.

thanks fam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalangel18)
    My sister had eczema and the doctor or dermatologist gave her skin cream that has steroids in it. Instead of rubbing coffee into your face speak to a professional before it gets worse
    thankss

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.