Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

friends are being *****es Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i have been part of a group of friends for 3 years now and theyre nice but we are just normal friends. I have recently become really close with my best friend and they have noticed this. They now happen to hate her for no reason and make it hard for me to hang out with her. It gets really awks and stressfull. Do i break up with them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayandbey)
    i have been part of a group of friends for 3 years now and theyre nice but we are just normal friends. I have recently become really close with my best friend and they have noticed this. They now happen to hate her for no reason and make it hard for me to hang out with her. It gets really awks and stressfull. Do i break up with them?
    I don't think your group of friends are really your true friends. They should be more welcoming. They are acting childish if they hate your best friend for no apparent reason. Maybe you should talk to your group of friends of why they dislike your best friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeadEnd_96)
    I don't think your group of friends are really your true friends. They should be more welcoming. They are acting childish if they hate your best friend for no apparent reason. Maybe you should talk to your group of friends of why they dislike your best friend.
    i agree and i will ask them but at the same time i don't want to be shut out as it could turn very ugly very fast (i.e they know a lot of things ygm?)

ReputationRep:
    I think you should allow that group of friends and stick with your best friend as if they dont accept her then they obviously dont like you enough to deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leodicaprio1)
    I think you should allow that group of friends and stick with your best friend as if they dont accept her then they obviously dont like you enough to deal with it.
    yeh i mean they obviously hate her more than they like me which is stupid

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.