Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Im compleatly stuck!!!!!! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    im currently in yr 9 and it's now the time when we have to choose our subjects. i want to study medicine in the future and become a doctor or nurse. the one thing that im not sure about is what subjects i should/have to choose to persue my want to become a doctor. the level i recived in science this previous term was a 6c. many people in my school have been saying many different things. some have been saying all you need is a level 6 and some have been saying you need to be working at a level 6b. im really confused and not sure whether i should take separate science or not. i really need some advise on what to do.

Thank You!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaniaxAslam)
    im currently in yr 9 and it's now the time when we have to choose our subjects. i want to study medicine in the future and become a doctor or nurse. the one thing that im not sure about is what subjects i should/have to choose to persue my want to become a doctor. the level i recived in science this previous term was a 6c. many people in my school have been saying many different things. some have been saying all you need is a level 6 and some have been saying you need to be working at a level 6b. im really confused and not sure whether i should take separate science or not. i really need some advise on what to do.

Thank You!
    Take Seperate Science aka Triple Science. Don't listen to 'people' because they're talking out their backside. All you need to do is aim for the high grades and do seperate science preferably. You then want to be sitting the higher paper but looking at your level you definitely are more than able to achieve the high grades. It's the GCSE grades that matter. Now PLEASE take this seriously... In class listen carefully, understand the topics, you've loads of time left but if you get it right now you make it easier for yourself and massively increase your chances of getting the A* or the grade 8 or 9 as they call it now. :-)

Good luck my friend, work hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awais_)
    Take Seperate Science aka Triple Science. Don't listen to 'people' because they're talking out their backside. All you need to do is aim for the high grades and do seperate science preferably. You then want to be sitting the higher paper but looking at your level you definitely are more than able to achieve the high grades. It's the GCSE grades that matter. Now PLEASE take this seriously... In class listen carefully, understand the topics, you've loads of time left but if you get it right now you make it easier for yourself and massively increase your chances of getting the A* or the grade 8 or 9 as they call it now. :-)

Good luck my friend, work hard!
    thank you so much! your reply was really quick and very useful. thank you so much once again!

yes definitely triple science, maths, further maths (if you can)

ReputationRep:
    thank you so much! your reply was really quick and very useful. thank you so much once again!
    You're very welcome and I wish you all the best in your studies.
    I'm currently in year 11 and studying triple science - AQA exam board.

If you have any questions at all or need help with anything, feel free to ask me or post anywhere on this forum.

Just remember time flies, you'll be in year 11 very soon, work hard now and go over topics every now and then and by exam time surely you'll be achieving the top grades. You'll also already know everything or almost everything so it will just be a matter of short recaps of topics to reinforce your learning which in turn will make it easier for yourself come revision time as you did the work during the year. I also advise past papers but take it easy for now.

ReputationRep:
    You should definitely do triple science as it is very helpful for you in the future (especially in A-levels) and choosing other subjects would be fine, as long as they don't take time away from the subjects like science and maths and english. You should also focus overall on doing really well .

ReputationRep:
    I was a 6c in yr9 and took triple science and now im studying A- level chemistry and psychology so honestly do what you want, cause ifi listened to other people i wouldnt be where i am now x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    triple science, esp if it's AQA, is piss easy it's fine dw bout it good luck

ReputationRep:

Thank You!
    I'm in year 11 now and just starting to pick my A levels. I am also doing triple science and from my experience doing triple science is so much easier than double. For example: In a A level I want to do I only need to get a B to be able to do it but if I had chosen double science then I would have needed to get 2 A's, to be able to do it. Plus, in a few years time that 6c, which is really good in year 9 as a 6c is the equivalent to a C grade in GCSE's, will improve.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.