Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help with sociology 20 mark Q!! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm studying sociology at as level, and have never studied the subject before hand. I'm currently stuck planning a 20 mark question, I have no idea where to start! I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me? I'm really grateful for any advice or help given.

The question is: How has childbearing and childrearing changed since the 1970s?

Thank you in advance!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know the exact answer to ypur question but generally this should help:

Look through your notes or a textbook and pick out some key points and theories and a good handful of sociologists names that relate to the question. To get the higher marks you'll need to compare ideas that may contrast with each other. For this question you need to state what was going on with childbearing and child rearing in the 1970s and compare that to now by using examples from what is said in the sources you look at (eg sociologists names).

A twenty mark question generally requires a good writing style that uses a balanced argument by referring to a number of sociologists theories.

What exam board is it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.