slacey2
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
could someone please explain 1c unit 4 aqa biology june 2014 please. i think you need to work out the population growth because data is for 2010 and question is for 2011, but that is a minus number so getting confused. Thanks
Black Magic
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by slacey2)
could someone please explain 1c unit 4 aqa biology june 2014 please. i think you need to work out the population growth because data is for 2010 and question is for 2011, but that is a minus number so getting confused. Thanks
Which level is this? Is it GCSE core, additional, further additional, AS or A2? I would check on the internet for the exam paper and the corresponding mark scheme which could give you some pointers.

Population growth could be negative to signify population decrease from the year before.
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Black Magic)
Which level is this? Is it GCSE core, additional, further additional, AS or A2? I would check on the internet for the exam paper and the corresponding mark scheme which could give you some pointers.

Population growth could be negative to signify population decrease from the year before.
I think he means this paper: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...4-QP-JUN14.PDF
Ninjakam119
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by slacey2)
Hi there, firstly what you do is work out the net death rate, so do 9.7-9.3 which gives you a death rate of 0.4 per thousand. Now work out how many people died during the year, so (60200000/1000)*0.4=24080. (You divide the population by 1000 as the death rate is per thousand). Now do the whole population - the number of people who died. 60200000-24080 which gives 60175920
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.64%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.81%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (88)
37.29%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.71%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.54%

Watched Threads