Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why am I like this? :( Watch

Announcements

I can't take a joke because I take things literally and get REALLY angry, I never start a conversation with people, don't make eye contact hence my poor social skills. Other people have to talk to me then I respond.

Are these signs of ASD?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely

Do you want to do anything about it?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    100% aspergers

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    Definitely

Do you want to do anything about it?
    What can I do? I think that's why I even hate school, I can't wait to leave.

(Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    100% aspergers
    You really think so? I've always suspected as all tests even suggests I very likely have aspergers but i have no idea! :/
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What can I do? I think that's why I even hate school, I can't wait to leave.

You really think so? I've always suspected as all tests even suggests I very likely have aspergers but i have no idea! :/
    Definitely, I have it and I could easily have written that description about myself

Definitely, I have it and I could easily have written that description about myself
    OK so please can you like advise me what I should do?

I'm in year 11 and you know people like to make jokes but it make me angry inside and pissed off.

ReputationRep:
    If you've always been like this then aspergers is a possibility but if it's a recent thing it could be the result of depression or social anxiety.

(Original post by Little Popcorns)
    If you've always been like this then aspergers is a possibility but if it's a recent thing it could be the result of depression or social anxiety.
    Nope always been like this and I'm in year 11...

ReputationRep:
    Don't let someone diagnose you over TSR :facepalm: ...
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    OK so please can you like advise me what I should do?
    Tbh there's not a lot you can actually do about it really, believe me I've tried a lot of strategies and there's nothing that works to alleviate the effects of Asperger's. Make sure your school knows about it so your teachers can take it into consideration when dealing with you, and if you can go to your GP to get a referral to get a diagnosis and that way you can get support at uni if you need it, but other than that it just is what it is and you have to live with it tbh.

(Original post by Sgt_Haytham)
    I'm not, i'm asking whether it's likely and for advice doh

ReputationRep:
    Nope always been like this and I'm in year 11...
    Then could be aspergers but you do need to get a proper diagnosis from a professional. See your GP and explain your problems and suspicions.

(Original post by Sgt_Haytham)
    yup this

Tbh there's not a lot you can actually do about it really, believe me I've tried a lot of strategies and there's nothing that works to alleviate the effects of Asperger's. Make sure your school knows about it so your teachers can take it into consideration when dealing with you, and if you can go to your GP to get a referral to get a diagnosis and that way you can get support at uni if you need it, but other than that it just is what it is and you have to live with it tbh.
    I'm not telling my school, I rather just keep it to myself... I rather talk about it when i leave school i think. ?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I'm not telling my school, I rather just keep it to myself... I rather talk about it when i leave school i think. ?
    I know it can be a bit difficult, but I'd honestly really really advise you to. Telling my school made my life a lot easier.

I know it can be a bit difficult, but I'd honestly really really advise you to. Telling my school made my life a lot easier.
    Thanks fpr the advice and do you blush when you get shy or feel uncomfortable or embarassed

ReputationRep:
    I can't take a joke because I take things literally and get REALLY angry, I never start a conversation with people, don't make eye contact hence my poor social skills. Other people have to talk to me then I respond.

Are these signs of ASD?
    They say practice makes perfect. So how do you count cows?

Well you take a cowculator :cool:

please channel that anger

(Original post by Das Ich Man)
    **** off you're a retarded *******.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the docs and get it checked out. If you are diagnosed with aspergus its not the end of the world, in fact many people who have been diagnosed with it are relieved because they then know what its up with them, therefore making it easier to control
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Thanks fpr the advice and do you blush when you get shy or feel uncomfortable or embarassed
    Yep, all the time

(Original post by Das Ich Man)
    Do you even realise how much of an effect calling an Asperger's sufferer a 'sensitive little retard' has? Idiot. I sure as hell hope you have a kid with Asperger's, then you'll realise how much of a struggle it is.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.