Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2016 Economics OCR GCSE Case Study Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What are peopels initial opinions on the case study which will be used for the 2016 examination?

Any comenst on possible questions?

ReputationRep:
    shouldnt have taken this subject

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I am doing this exam. I think Unit 1 & 2 will be okay but a bit concerned about Unit 3. Has your school been through the case study?

ReputationRep:
    We are covering unit 3 atm but we havent started going througj the case study yet.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think all the topics in Unit 3 will actually be tested in the final exam? Having looked at the case study, I don't think all the topics will come up. Any thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, have your teachers given you any questions for unit 3

ReputationRep:
    Nothing yet, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do you think will come up in the Unit 1 and 2 exams on June 6th?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Competitive markets, Interest rates and Market failure

ReputationRep:
    Do you think Economies of scale will come up as an 8 marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=GeekMode1;65311767]Do you think Economies of scale will come up as an 8 marker?

Maybe a 6 marker. Probably not 8..
    Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

ReputationRep:
    So do you think the 8 markers will be on Market Failure, Competitive Markets and Interest Rates

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Came up as an 8 marker it's peak

ReputationRep:
    hopefully boundaries will be low for paper 1 because most people in my class found it hard. Especially, my friends who get A* in every test found it hard

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have the unofficial mark scheme for this paper?

ReputationRep:
    It was harder than any other past paper. The Henry Sarah one was bad. Tbh both were correct but it depended on the interpretation of the question. I said Henry was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miniflag123)
    It was harder than any other past paper. The Henry Sarah one was bad. Tbh both were correct but it depended on the interpretation of the question. I said Henry was.
    I said that Sarah was correct and that henry was incorrect because increase in competition between means that they would be cheaper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshu1908)
    I said that Sarah was correct and that henry was incorrect because increase in competition between means that they would be cheaper
    But if the PED for the food at the cafe was elastic then lower prices would result in higher revenue therefore she can afford the higher wages.

ReputationRep:
    But if the PED for the food at the cafe was elastic then lower prices would result in higher revenue therefore she can afford the higher wages.
    For sarah yes that would be correct but for henry he was also correct and I did put that she was incorrect because I was in a rush. But examiners do mark on a indictive mark scheme where there are all sorts of answers.

ReputationRep:
    also depends on the demand for the café as less demand means a little effect on price if its elastic.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.