Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The BIGGEST SCAM of 20th Century in UK ! BLACKADDER ! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The Blackadder's (a popular british comedy show from the 20th century) theme was copied from an American song.

Watch the following two videos.

And cry...And cry and cry and cry.........for your whole life was a lie.

Spoiler:
    Show
    NOTE: Granted that the beginning is still original (or is it ? :curious: :eyebrow: :hmmmm2: :hmmmm:), they copied the chorus part.

NOTE #2 (Because people are stupid) : The American song came before blackadder. Blackadder is ~30yrs old, while the American song is ~100yrs old.

The black adder theme :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orbrS7z1QoU

And the original source that has been kept secret for the longest time even though almost every American knows this song:

Spoiler:
    Show

Also, note that the blackadder chorus is just a "musically dumbed down" copy of a part of the source song.

And we wondered why it sounded so good, almost like a national anthem or something....Well now we know why.

Additional nonsense : https://www.change.org/p/the-royal-f...der-theme-song

ReputationRep:
    Not going to lie... the Blackadder theme could be England's new national anthem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgt_Haytham)
    Not going to lie... the Blackadder theme could be England's new national anthem.
    Did you actually go through the entire post ?

This is not about it becoming england national anthem, it's about how one of the most successful british comedy shows stole music from a song that in USA is sung at special national occasions. This song ACTUALLY almost made it to the level of what is currently the national anthem of USA. And that was during JFK's time, which means, only about ~25 years before Blackadder came(they shouldn't have stolen it).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedeneye1)
    The Blackadder's (a popular british comedy show from the 20th century) theme was copied from an American song.

Spoiler:
    Show
    NOTE: Granted that the beginning is still original (or is it ? :curious: :eyebrow: :hmmmm2: :hmmmm:), they copied the chorus part.

NOTE #2 (Because people are stupid) : The American song came before blackadder. Blackadder is ~30yrs old, while the American song is ~100yrs old.

The black adder theme :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orbrS7z1QoU

And the original source that has been kept secret for the longest time even though almost every American knows this song:

Spoiler:
    Show

Also, note that the blackadder chorus is just a "musically dumbed down" copy of a part of the source song.

And we wondered why it sounded so good, almost like a national anthem or something....Well now we know why.

I am struggling to find even one ounce of "give a crap"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    BUMP...?

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know what black adder is so don't really care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imsoanonymous123)
    I don't even know what black adder is so don't really care
    Blackadder is a popular British comedy show from the 80s. Starred by comedy legend Rowan Atkinson. Hugh Laurie also has major role in a later season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweihander7)
    I am struggling to find even one ounce of "give a crap"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you never heard of blackadder ?

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought America the Beautiful is public domain.

So who cares?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

I see ...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazwomaq)
    I would have thought America the Beautiful is public domain.

So who cares?
    yes it is. But using an American made anthem for the theme of a thoroughly british show....? Most people would have thought that the theme was original, not copied.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares? The comedy was what made it good, not the theme tune. So they theme music is similar to another song, Y U mad bro?

I'm also struggling to see the similarity between the two, although that's probably because I got real bored real quick with America The Beautiful and ended up skipping through it at 20 second intervals.

ReputationRep:
    OP has a really strange set of priorities.

I see more resemblance between America the Beautiful and O Canada myself, but then again everyone knows Canada isn't real.

ReputationRep:
    But using an American made anthem for the theme of a thoroughly british show....?
    The OP was weird enough, but this?

The "thoroughly british" Jonathan Creek used the thoroughly French Danse Macabre as its theme tune.

The "thoroughly American" Apocalypse Now used the thoroughly German Ride of the Valkyries in a key sequence.

The "thoroughly intergalactic" Star Wars used the thoroughly American John Wiliams' music.

What is the world coming to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazwomaq)
    The OP was weird enough, but this?

The "thoroughly british" Jonathan Creek used the thoroughly French Danse Macabre as its theme tune.

The "thoroughly American" Apocalypse Now used the thoroughly German Ride of the Valkyries in a key sequence.

The "thoroughly intergalactic" Star Wars used the thoroughly American John Wiliams' music.

What is the world coming to?
    -I don't know what Jonathan Creek is. I'm assuming it's just another one of those generic-ish drama series that are made in every other country around the world. In comparison, Blackadder focuses specifically on British politics over the centuries. The first 3 seasons show the royal family closely and royal politics in a funny way. That's what makes it thoroughly British.

-Not valid comparison. A generic end of world movie uses music most often used in such movies, no not just SUCH movies, almost all movies. Famous classical music pieces VS an anthem, seriously ?

-facepalm.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.