Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Don't you agree that PE is a waste of time? Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    PE as in physical education. it's not fun at all, especially in winter when we're forced to go outside. if the over weight people want to lose weight, they'd go to the gym, moving around for 20 minutes twice a week is hardly going to change anything.

ReputationRep:
    PE is really fun- depends on what you do I guess. Sports are fun but athletics and gymnastics not so much

Agree totally. Especially because in PE my class do nothing and it just wastes time, could be doing something useful in that 1 hour period.

ReputationRep:
    It's not fun if you're fat.

ReputationRep:
    PE should receive more funding than STEM subjects.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I fully agree. I think that PE should be optional, so that those who want to play sport/exercise are able to, but others who would prefer to study or revise can do that instead.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I loved it

Really helped me out in school life as well :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    No PE was always a fun lesson Football, rounders, badminton, tennis, rugby or golf with the lads. Great fun I miss not having PE

ReputationRep:
    PE is great because it can waste time :woo: ... with fun activities

ReputationRep:
    I hated it, going out to play netball in freezing weather in a tshirt and shorts while the teacher was wrapped up was hell
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jshep000)
    No PE was always a fun lesson Football, rounders, badminton, tennis, rugby or golf with the lads. Great fun I miss not having PE
    i dont mind the softer sport like badmington or golf, but plz no rugbyyyyy ewww

ReputationRep:
    my friends sister goes to a private school and they do laser tag and bowling as part of pe? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    I fully agree. I think that PE should be optional, so that those who want to play sport/exercise are able to, but others who would prefer to study or revise can do that instead.
    Is like saying any other subject should be optional. That's why UK accounts for an abnormly % of overweight people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    I dont class badmington as a sport, more like a leisure run around

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mind PE but I disliked having to change into my kit.

ReputationRep:
    We usually stayed inside in winter...played on dance mats, did gymnastics, did swimming or played football/netball/tennis inside...
    PE in the summer was sooo fun though...much banter :ahee:
    I miss it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Well I mean it was
    Banta

ReputationRep:
    to an extent yes it is a waste of time.
    I remember my p.e lessos from yr 10 onwards would spend 3/4 of the time sitting around not doing anything/watching someone else do something.
    I seriously dont understand how p.e teachers get paid the same as like english or science teachers :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeologyMaths)
    Is like saying any other subject should be optional. That's why UK accounts for an abnormly % of overweight people
    PE isn't really classed as a facilitating subject. So no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    Hahahahha I am pretty skinny but I still enjoyed it I was really quick so I didn't really get tackled that much and I managed to take down quite big people in my year because force = mass X acceleration. My acceleration was sick m8. Also badminton is one of my favourites to play I'm too good

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.