Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Don't you agree that PE is a waste of time? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Lets be honest the only people who don't like P.E. are the ones who aren't good at sports, don't downplay it's relevance because of your lack of ability

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Star-girl)
    Wut? Lucky. :zomg: We had to do cross country outside in the freezing cold or the bleep test... or hockey (I hate hockey).

I did like PE though. I got to play sports and do activities that I normally wouldn't have.
    the annual house cross country race was one where everyone pretended to be either off sick or have a twisted ankle 😂
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orange s0da)
    Lets be honest the only people who don't like P.E. are the ones who aren't good at sports, don't downplay it's relevance because of your lack of ability
    oh realllyyyy. i got people in my class who are those typical PE lovers/does out of school footbal clubs etc but pe teachers were left stunned when they didn't pick pe gcse because ''they dont like it anymore''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoharrypotter)
    the annual house cross country race was one where everyone pretended to be either off sick or have a twisted ankle 😂
    So true. :rofl: The excuses that came out oh my! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    http://media.2oceansvibe.com/wp-cont...aul-Mason1.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Star-girl)
    Wut? Lucky. :zomg: We had to do cross country outside in the freezing cold or the bleep test... or hockey (I hate hockey).

I did like PE though. I got to play sports and do activities that I normally wouldn't have.
    Damn! We only did cross country outside in the winter as a punishment once...can't remember the reason though :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Damn! We only did cross country outside in the winter as a punishment once...can't remember the reason though :indiff:
    :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, it's alright I guess except all my past PE classes were horrible... In secondary school, teachers always left the class and all of the guys went onto bullying me :erm: In high school, my teacher kept forgetting I have heart condition that limits my physical activity :facepalm: I liked my uni PE classes because I wasn't allowed to do anything :teehee: I just sat there and watched everyone else

ReputationRep:
    Yes because I sucked at everything.

ReputationRep:
    Boo ****ing hoo. Just because you're **** at PE it doesn't mean it's a waste of time. Stop whining like a baby and get on with it!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
    Boo ****ing hoo. Just because you're **** at PE it doesn't mean it's a waste of time. Stop whining like a baby and get on with it!
    Lol y u mad tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Meh, it's alright I guess except all my past PE classes were horrible... In secondary school, teachers always left the class and all of the guys went onto bullying me :erm: In high school, my teacher kept forgetting I have heart condition that limits my physical activity :facepalm: I liked my uni PE classes because I wasn't allowed to do anything :teehee: I just sat there and watched everyone else
    They make you do PE in uni?!!! Omg whatttt

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    We only did cross country when it cold and raining. Always such a coincidence that there weren't enough PE teachers?

ReputationRep:
    I loved all PE lessons. esp dodgeball, rounders, cross country and swimming!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orange s0da)
    I am pretty bad at most sports, but love biological sciences so thus the same for PE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jshep000)
    Hahahahha I am pretty skinny but I still enjoyed it I was really quick so I didn't really get tackled that much and I managed to take down quite big people in my year because force = mass X acceleration. My acceleration was sick m8. Also badminton is one of my favourites to play I'm too good
    I think you probably mean Momentum = Mass x Velocity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    PE as in physical education. it's not fun at all, especially in winter when we're forced to go outside. if the over weight people want to lose weight, they'd go to the gym, moving around for 20 minutes twice a week is hardly going to change anything.
    Sort off . From what i remember forcing to do sports they didnt enjoy wasnt successful. 25c afternoon and you want me to do the 400m? For what??

I was highly athletic and great at football so if im not willing to do it, theres no way poor Jonda and Katie will be willing to when the most excercise they have seen is speed typing on msn messenger. Just give them a frisbie and the boys a football and let us play.

Secondly, cramming in 40 minutes of excercise in between 10 mins of getting changed with no time for a shower before having to continue your school day is not good

Waste of time i do not think but poor use of time and poorly done, definitely.

Food Tech was a complete waste of time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by offhegoes)
    I think you probably mean Momentum = Mass x Velocity.
    yeah but if you hit them in the right places then you dont actually need that much momentum to take a big guy down, it all depends about the turning moment that they get as a result of your collision

ReputationRep:
    I loved xc because when we were back we could play pong pong until all the fatties / diseased kids finished so the majority of the lesson was spend in a nice warm hall doing nothing.

The two best memories of pe though were when my mate accidentally rimmed a fat, smelly kid when he tackled him in rugby.
    And in yr7 when there was a naked fight in the changing room that concluded with one of them weeing on the other

ReputationRep:
    You fatties are gonna die at 30 unless you have exercise forced down your throat - similar to the manner of which you shove hot pockets down your throat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.