Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Don't you agree that PE is a waste of time? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I disagree.... yes there is stuff you could be doing instead that is more profitable (eg studying), but PE is important not only for your physical health but also your mental health.

When I was at school (i'm now 22 at uni) i hated sport, so i avoided it, ate loads of rubbish and gained weight... now? well i regret i didnt engage with PE more. a year and a half ago i felt the random need to go for a run (i had literally avoided all physical activity but walking for years), and I haven't looked back. along with a general health kick, i can now say i feel so much better for it - when im stressed with work (which is like all the time being in final year!) i go to the gym, and dont stop running until the stress has gone and my mind is clear and i can go back to studying, and be more productive as a result of clearing my mind.

long story short - i wish id engaged more with PE, and im a full supporter of it... now just need to get rid of the belly for good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sgt_Haytham)
    sportspɔːt/nounnoun: sport; plural noun: sports
    1. 1. an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
    Come back when you've perfected badmington and can beat a world class sportsman/woman.
    Badmington

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EastGuava)
    Badmington
    Come on, don't be immature. It was a clear typo.

ReputationRep:
    You can tell how fat someone is based on how much they disliked PE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    They make you do PE in uni?!!! Omg whatttt

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Erm, why not? Some physical activity is alright, considering we spent a lot of time sitting in classes. I had my uni lectures 5 days a week, from like 8-9 am till 3-4 pm.

ReputationRep:

starting at 1:15

ReputationRep:
    honestly, i used to hate pe but now im in year 11, whenever i see that i have pe on my timetable its like *relief*. i dont have to stress about having homework for that subject, not doing coursework for it (unless u do gcse pe then lol) or anything like that. we usually either do badminton, table tennis or allowed in the fitness suite. sometimes, we do circuits but even then i dont mind because its a bit of fun and youre away from having to sit in a classroom writing notes, doing work and generally stressing lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.