Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He named a song after me but we never dated! Watch

Announcements

I was flirting with this guy whos a bit older (in his late 20s). We met recently and stuff moved really fast. We were about to start dating but TBH he was starting to be a **** so when he asked me out I said no (nicely) and when he pressed me I explained that I felt he was too blunt. He plays the guitar and writes songs

Then his friends asked me why I didn't go out with him and I told him he wasn't so nice. I think they told him about that because they have told me he named his latest song after me and is going to play it at his next gig :eek: I asked them if it was written about me too but they said no, but it's called "Amy" (my name). They said he was really angry, he felt I led him on and didn't like having his personality criticised but at the same time I was his type (tall, blonde etc.) so not to take it personally

Im really freaked out should I just forget about him? :lol:

Anyone? is this normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anyone? is this normal?
    lol no, avoid like leprosy. From what you've posted, he sounds mentally unstable

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    lol no, avoid like leprosy. From what you've posted, he sounds mentally unstable
    He seems pretty popular though, he always has his friends in music sorting out gigs for him and stuff

Im not overreacting about him naming the song after me am I though? We were really close but he said some really dickish things so I decided I didnt want to date him. They said I was his "type" but I never want to see him again

ReputationRep:
    Think Hey There Delilah is a case of the same thing..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    inb4 he doesn't actually care about the girl but wants to just make a crap ton of money with the song

(Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    was there actually a girl called delilah? I didnt even date this guy! :lol:

(Original post by Student403)
    inb4 he doesn't actually care about the girl but wants to just make a crap ton of money with the song
    He doesn't make money from his gigs, he hates capitalism so does the free stuff (idk what you call it)

Did you read the OP? It's not about me, just named after me.

ReputationRep:
    sounds like game, he just switches the name of the song to the girl he's chasing.

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't make money from his gigs, he hates capitalism so does the free stuff (idk what you call it)

Did you read the OP? It's not about me, just named after me.
    Admittedly I skimmed over it - sorry

ReputationRep:
    was there actually a girl called delilah? I didnt even date this guy! :lol:
    Yep, apparently she even had a boyfriend lol. Just be thankful this song isn't a hit

ReputationRep:
    loooooooooooooool if the song goes viral ask for credit on the song so you can leech some money outta it

(Original post by Orange s0da)
    sounds like game, he just switches the name of the song to the girl he's chasing.
    Im not getting with him, they said it's a new song though so I dont think so. Am I overreacting by blocking him on FB etc. tho? Its creepy what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    He seems pretty popular though, he always has his friends in music sorting out gigs for him and stuff

Im not overreacting about him naming the song after me am I though? We were really close but he said some really dickish things so I decided I didnt want to date him. They said I was his "type" but I never want to see him again
    I know someone that just like what you've described. He's in a band, is fairly popular amongst the local indie scene, but my god is he a ****. The guy thinks he's Bowie reincarnated or something. He'll be nice as pie until he doesn't get his way, then he'll act like a drama queen and pressure people into doing things. The guy thinks he's Bowie reincarnated or something.

Nah you're not overreacting about the song, it's pretty weird tbh if you aren't even going out with him.

(Original post by Ekno)
    loooooooooooooool if the song goes viral ask for credit on the song so you can leech some money outta it
    lmao its not about me, it has my name though :puke:

do you think its creepy

I know someone that just like what you've described. He's in a band, is fairly popular amongst the local indie scene, but my god is he a ****. The guy thinks he's Bowie reincarnated or something. He'll be nice as pie until he doesn't get his way, then he'll act like a drama queen and pressure people into doing things. The guy thinks he's Bowie reincarnated or something.

Nah you're not overreacting about the song, it's pretty weird tbh if you aren't even going out with him.
    That guy sounds a tool :mad: Im not sure if people like that are tolerated in the music scene but I find the guy I know very obnoxious though maybe a lot of people there are like that. For example, his best female friend who promotes a club and obviously fancies him kept making remarks about how my clothes were "old fashioned" (I was wearing a blazer and jeans and she had punky stuff and Doc Martens) so I told her to shut up

Yeah I think I will block him on FB etc :yep:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I was flirting with this guy whos a bit older (in his late 20s). We met recently and stuff moved really fast. We were about to start dating but TBH he was starting to be a **** so when he asked me out I said no (nicely) and when he pressed me I explained that I felt he was too blunt. He plays the guitar and writes songs

Then his friends asked me why I didn't go out with him and I told him he wasn't so nice. I think they told him about that because they have told me he named his latest song after me and is going to play it at his next gig :eek: I asked them if it was written about me too but they said no, but it's called "Amy" (my name). They said he was really angry, he felt I led him on and didn't like having his personality criticised but at the same time I was his type (tall, blonde etc.) so not to take it personally

Im really freaked out should I just forget about him? :lol:
    When I'm going through **** I often write raps, it could be him attempting to vent

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Andy98)
    When I'm going through **** I often write raps, it could be him attempting to vent

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apparently he'd already written the song he just named it after me

I wasnt rude too so Im confused why he would vent

ReputationRep:
    That guy sounds a tool :mad: Im not sure if people like that are tolerated in the music scene but I find the guy I know very obnoxious though maybe a lot of people there are like that. For example, his best female friend who promotes a club and obviously fancies him kept making remarks about how my clothes were "old fashioned" (I was wearing a blazer and jeans and she had punky stuff and Doc Martens) so I told her to shut up

Yeah I think I will block him on FB etc :yep:
    A lot of people in music scenes, especially the more underground stuff, are pretentious, self-absorbed attention whores. It's part of the reason my old band split after playing only a couple gigs. It's a massive popularity contest, so I wouldn't take what she said to heart.

A lot of people in music scenes, especially the more underground stuff, are pretentious, self-absorbed attention whores. It's part of the reason my old band split after playing only a couple gigs. It's a massive popularity contest, so I wouldn't take what she said to heart.
    Did you guys argue? Yes, I'm not taking it to heart lol she wasn't exactly well dressed herself. A lot of people there were in their 20s and 30s though and acting like teenagers :lol:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.