Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you still drink milk? Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHPSC96)
    It might be a good idea to increase the amount of peas you eat.

For every cup of milk there is 300mg of calcium whereas for every cup of peas there is 360mg of calcium. Drinking more milk has health risks associated with it so peas are definitely the superior choice : )
    there's this person in my class who brings in a whole bottle of milk, those ones for the family and they drink that same amount every day at school....
    Spoiler:
    Show
    he has TSR too, hope he doesnt see this lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    there's this person in my class who brings in a whole bottle of milk, those ones for the family and they drink that same amount every day at school....
    Spoiler:
    Show
    he has TSR too, hope he doesnt see this lmao
    Holy crap... Thats 50 shades of nasty...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHPSC96)
    Holy crap... Thats 50 shades of nasty...
    it cant be good right? possible of cancer or something...

ReputationRep:
    it cant be good right? possible of cancer or something...
    Yeah all dairy products have links to cancer... He coo coo for cocoa puffs haha

ReputationRep:
    Humans are weird, right?

The only species to drink milk beyond infancy and not only that but not even of their own species!

ReputationRep:
    I love milk but if a have a pint i end up having 3 more and it always ends up with whoever im living with getting very annoyed at me
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icecream1)
    Humans are weird, right?

The only species to drink milk beyond infancy and not only that but not even of their own species!
    im sure predators of cows all sink their teeth into the udder for milk after they finish with their meal xD

ReputationRep:
    1. You know we really don't need cows' milk for calcium, green veg does fine--its not natural for humans to drink another animals milk hence it doesn't have to be part of our diet--and other milk almond/soy/rice etc is fortified with it as well, if you can't stomach soy try hazelnut it tastes of nutella <3
    2. Also eating too much protein counters the effect of taking calcium as the protein acidifies the blood and so the body takes calcium from the bones to try and neutralise it
    3. Are you sure it's a calcium deficiency that's causing your cramps, could be an imbalance of a number of nutrients and possibly too much calcium is making it worse?
    http://www.drgangemi.com/articles/cramping_style/
    (hope that's come up as a link but don't think so...

ReputationRep:
    Humans are weird, right?

And use it to create a whole load of other products too..... Including Frozen ones.

ReputationRep:
    Rarely, I wouldn't drink a glass by itself randomly. I have it in tea of course, and will drink a class of milk to counteract particularly hot food.

ReputationRep:
    Have about 1 and a half litres in my protein shakes, can't get enough of the stuff tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EtherealNymph22)
    And use it to create a whole load of other products too..... Including Frozen ones.
    Yeah, yoghurt, butter, ice cream. Its in so many things as dried powder.

Humans are very strange...

ReputationRep:
    Humans are weird, right?

Eh ants farm aphids for honeydew.

There's the point of capacity to do so, other species also don't mass farm mammals as a food source as we can, if they had the opportunity they might consume milk as well.

ReputationRep:
    im sure predators of cows all sink their teeth into the udder for milk after they finish with their meal xD
    Yeah, not everyday on top of their cornflakes though?

ReputationRep:
    I drink at least a pint of milk a day and have done so for as long as I can remember...and that doesn't include what I put in my tea. I might be addicted. :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, yoghurt, butter, ice cream. Its in so many things as dried powder.

Humans are very strange...
    lol I was sort of making a joke at your username. I know right about the dried powder thing. As a vegan (don't hate me) it's the bane of my life.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Everyday at around 4pm I drink milk with cookies/biscuits.

I'm 28 years old...................

ReputationRep:
    One pint full fat everyday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBBQ)
    One pint full fat everyday
    Lmao you mota!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EtherealNymph22)
    lol I was sort of making a joke at your username. I know right about the dried powder thing. As a vegan (don't hate me) it's the bane of my life.
    LOL. I get it now...

Vegan ice cream?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.