The Student Room Group

Do you still drink milk?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JHPSC96
It might be a good idea to increase the amount of peas you eat.

For every cup of milk there is 300mg of calcium whereas for every cup of peas there is 360mg of calcium. Drinking more milk has health risks associated with it so peas are definitely the superior choice : )

Oh wow - thanks. I didn't know that! I'll be eating more peas. It can't hurt either way to eat more veg. :lol:
I don't drink milk straight because ... it squeaks me out, I guess? I'll have it if it's with something sometimes, but I'm always aware of where it came from - I still eat meat, so I don't really understand what I find so off-putting about it, but I do.

I drink almond milk straight sometimes, though.
Reply 62
drink a pint of milk everyday before i go bed
Reply 63
I drink it daily
Yep
Yh sometimes lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Milk is so acidic it actually takes calcium out of your bones!! I don't have any dairy products though. They make me feel lethargic, they're chock full of antibiotics/hormones (at least here in the US) and they make me break out!
Original post by Cpt. Josh
Yes but I'd rather drink a cup of milk than a cup of peas.

haha a cup as in a measuring cup... and no one said anything about drinking it. Unless you're a fan of drinking vegetables which would be just a little weird but you do you : )
Reply 68
yeah milks very quenchly for my unmeasurable thirst
Every day!! :colondollar:

When I'm thirsty - I drink milk :biggrin:
When I eat chocolate, nutella or honey on toast - I drink milk :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sjohnson98
Milk is so acidic it actually takes calcium out of your bones!! I don't have any dairy products though. They make me feel lethargic, they're chock full of antibiotics/hormones (at least here in the US) and they make me break out!

Idk why that kinda **** is still legal over there. It's disgusting
Original post by Banana00
Seriously? I LOVE peas! This has made my day:h:

I also loooove milk; I'm just really feeling peas at the moment:h:

Haha you're welcome :smile:
Reply 72
Everyday, i love milk
Original post by cbreef
Idk why that kinda **** is still legal over there. It's disgusting

Yeah I've had lots of really bad health problems (autoimmune disease, etc.) triggered in part by this stuff. Antibiotics are linked to obesity, and they're in everything, including the soil because of the animal use.

Also, all these Monsanto "Roundup-resistant" crops mean we're literally eating weedkiller every time we have wheat. And you wonder why so many people are gluten-free...
Creamy milk in my coffee
A lot of milk drinkers in this thread
Reply 76
At least 3 pints a day.
No, not by itself. I have it in hot chocolate and porridge but its gross on its own.
Original post by EtherealNymph22
The coconut collective do great coconut dairy free ice cream and it is yummmm. I used to be big into fro yo but since veganism entered my life it's no longer an option. Nor is milk. Apart from soya and almond milk etc. Trouble is, no other milk tastes anything like as good as cows milk. But soya hot choc and almond milk porridge are fine :smile:. I'm a vegan for health reasons not ethical so the self control is sometimes harder. especially because now all I'm thinking about thanks to this thread is ice cold semi skimmed milk.

Can you explain this bit to me, if you don't mind?
Original post by Icecream1
Can you explain this bit to me, if you don't mind?

How long have you got?! Lol

Quick Reply

Latest