Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dominos Garlic Bread Macros? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What is this madness?

http://corporate.dominos.co.uk/Media...PerPortion.pdf

How can their garlic bread have a better fat to protein ratio than half their chicken products? :dontknow: Can someone explain this to me

Papa Johns is still better anyway 0 trans fats ftw
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Mans tryna get me to look at tables. Nah brah I left that behind when I failed S1

ReputationRep:
    If you're getting pizza from any takeaway place, you shouldn't be bothered about what crap they put in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Mans tryna get me to look at tables. Nah brah I left that behind when I failed S1
    Hahahaha

(Original post by bethwalker85)
    If you're getting pizza from any takeaway place, you shouldn't be bothered about what crap they put in it.
    Why not? There are plenty of very strong guys who eat crap all the time, it's not nutritious but that doesn't mean you should just out and out neglect your macros!
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Cooked in oil. Lots of it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sae.HH)
    Hahahaha

Why not? There are plenty of very strong guys who eat crap all the time, it's not nutritious but that doesn't mean you should just out and out neglect your macros!
    It's not nutritious and if you're eating crap you don't exactly care about your nutrition do you? If it's a cheat meal, let it be a cheat meal.

ReputationRep:
    It's not nutritious and if you're eating crap you don't exactly care about your nutrition do you? If it's a cheat meal, let it be a cheat meal.
    That's not how I live life, I have many friends and at university there are situations where everyone orders pizza and you would prefer to buy the best possible choice. If you aren't vegan by the way you're a hypocrite since that's the healthiest way to live. I like moderation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Cooked in oil. Lots of it!
    Also the ire reduced fat cheese pizzzas basically have no difference macrowise so what the hells the point?!
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    That's not how I live life, I have many friends and at university there are situations where everyone orders pizza and you would prefer to buy the best possible choice. If you aren't vegan by the way you're a hypocrite since that's the healthiest way to live. I like moderation.
    Veganism is not the healthiest way to live
    That's beyond scientific fact

I believe she is a vegan as well

Also the ire reduced fat cheese pizzzas basically have no difference macrowise so what the hells the point?!
    Carbs innit

ReputationRep:

Carbs innit

I'm not vegan but there's overwhelming evidence it is.

And about the pizzas I mean they both have the same fat content even though the reduced cheese is meant to be 33% less
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I'm not vegan but there's overwhelming evidence it is.

And about the pizzas I mean they both have the same fat content even though the reduced cheese is meant to be 33% less
    Lol care to link to these studies making people live a lot longer?

Edit: They replace the fat with something else, otherwise there would be nothing in the cheese

ReputationRep:
    Are you making reference to the Garlic Pizza Bread with 274 cals? Just want to make sure, and 274 seems quite low if i'm thinking of the four piece little pizza?

ReputationRep:
    Lol care to link to these studies making people live a lot longer?

Edit: They replace the fat with something else, otherwise there would be nothing in the cheese
    There's numerous studies online and I'm at uni so I really can't :p: but why do you think it isn't better? There are studies veganism is better than omnivore lifestyle but nothing opposing it as far as I'm aware, I'd be interested in seeing some of those! I can see why people eat meat but I think it's illogical to believe there's no difference when studies show otherwise.

(Original post by painandpride15)
    Are you making reference to the Garlic Pizza Bread with 274 cals? Just want to make sure, and 274 seems quite low if i'm thinking of the four piece little pizza?
    Well half of that, says it serves 2

ReputationRep:
    How am I a hypocrite? If everyone's ordering pizza, just don't get pizza?

ReputationRep:

Carbs innit
    I'm not vegan, before you go on another "MEAT IS BEST" rant.

ReputationRep:
    How am I a hypocrite? If everyone's ordering pizza, just don't get pizza?
    What if I want pizza? I don't see the logic in going all out bad if you want something that tastes good. Explain it to me.

ReputationRep:
    What if I want pizza? I don't see the logic in going all
    out bad if you want something that tastes good. Explain it to me.
    Fair enough but then if everyone is like "let's get pizza hut/dominos" you're going to be like "no I want papa johns coz no trans fat" that's the same sort of thing.

Going all out bad if you want something that tastes good doesn't make sense. If you like something then get it, don't just opt for that just because it's the "healthiest" thing and then not enjoy it. If you're getting something unhealthy you may aswell get something you really enjoy otherwise it's surely just a waste.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough but then if everyone is like "let's get pizza hut/dominos" you're going to be like "no I want papa johns coz no trans fat" that's the same sort of thing.

Going all out bad if you want something that tastes good doesn't make sense. If you like something then get it, don't just opt for that just because it's the "healthiest" thing and then not enjoy it. If you're getting something unhealthy you may aswell get something you really enjoy otherwise it's surely just a waste.
    Well yeah if they were good friends I would do that, depends on the situation and convenience. Pizza is pizza I'd enjoy it regardless :p: As for the garlic bread I was just curious as to what could make it more macro friendly than every other side order. I don't particular like their garlic bread so I wouldn't get it. I understand what you're saying and I do follow that rule but within certain parameters if I can help it
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    There's numerous studies online and I'm at uni so I really can't :p: but why do you think it isn't better? There are studies veganism is better than omnivore lifestyle but nothing opposing it as far as I'm aware, I'd be interested in seeing some of those! I can see why people eat meat but I think it's illogical to believe there's no difference when studies show otherwise.

Well half of that, says it serves 2
    There's been a couple that have suggested it, but there's a lot more to say that veganism isn't. Largely because there's hardly any vegans to make a representative study. An awful lot of vegans, revert back/ give up.
    I'm not saying to omnomnom buckets of meat, far from it, I eat comparitively low levels compared to a lot of my peers; however meat and dairy aren't going to wipe decades off your life
    I'll not derail the thread anymore

I'm not vegan, before you go on another "MEAT IS BEST" rant.
    My apologies for believing you were a vegan. I also never had a meat is best rant

ReputationRep:
    There's been a couple that have suggested it, but there's a lot more to say that veganism isn't. Largely because there's hardly any vegans to make a representative study. An awful lot of vegans, revert back/ give up.
    I'm not saying to omnomnom buckets of meat, far from it, I eat comparitively low levels compared to a lot of my peers; however meat and dairy aren't going to wipe decades off your life
    I'll not derail the thread anymore

My apologies for believing you were a vegan. I also never had a meat is best rant
    Yeah it's too hard for me to go full vegan, I don't eat meat though, and I definitely think exercise and keeping calories in check and staying within a healthy weight range is much more important. But from an 'optimal health' perspective I've been convinced veganism is the best choice.Coming from a South Asian family that eats fish twice a day it's just too inconvenient :p: Although there are added ethical and environmental benefits also!

And yeah I was gonna say haha, threads gone off topic, having said that I think I'm the only person lame enough to read macro tables from fast food joints :p:

For the record KFC is by FAR the worst!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.