Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you rather be a known murderer or a known paedophile? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jibola240)
    Everyone would hate you if you were child killer as well. Plus, you don't get the benefit of being that scary. Since it's more pathetic than scary killing children.
    So you'd rather be a child rapist?

ReputationRep:
    ... a highly intellectual debate ...

Name:  T1.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  220.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    It has been a sad fact across the years on TSR that I have constantly had to make this point in these types of thread.

It makes me very glad to have been beaten to it so quickly and by multiple people.
    It's kind of funny seeing people continue to answer a question that wasn't asked even after this has been pointed out numerous times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniellaaa)
    None of those
    That wasn't the question.

I hate responses like these. Why have people up-voted you?

(Original post by cherryred90s)
    Think I'd rather be a known murderer. Pedophiles have no place in society. People may be afraid of me if I'm a murderer so they'll leave me alone but they may try and kill me if I'm pedophile idk
    ...kill me if I am known as / to be a paedophile* semantically speaking

Considering that you must have the actual sexual attractions to be a paedophile.

(Original post by lsn1995)
    Pretty easy question to answer. Murderer, definitely. Murder can be justified in some instances. Paedophillia can never be justified in any way, shape or form.
    I'll make the distinction that paedophilia are sexual attractions, whilst a child molester is behaviour.

behaviour =/= sexual attraction and all that shizzle.

(Original post by AliRizzo)
    Lmfao imagine someone on here says paedophile, nonce should be investigated and banned from TSR immediately.
    Well there was an account called imapedo who isn't banned.
    (Think I know his alt.)

And why anyway?

(Original post by RobML)
    Pedo =/= child molester
    Paedo =/= child molester*

British spelling please.

(Original post by RapingTheChrist)
    Pedo child murderer :smug:
    So grandchild murderer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHPSC96)
    I would want to be Dexter.
    I would want to be Alice Morgan. :giggle:

(Original post by StrawbAri)
    Like many other people have said, a peadophioe is not the same thing as a child molester.
    If I was a peado no one would even be aware of this until I start acting on my desires (which is when I become a child molester)
    (Just saying, ae*.)

(Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Known for murdering a pedophile
    Why so brutal? Paedophile != child molester. Kinda sad state of affairs.

(Original post by loveleest)
    Pedophile. I am a female, which means that I would get less time in jail if I go caught.
    Calculative thinking, I like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    So you'd rather be a child rapist?
    I'm not implying anything here. I'm just pointing out that changing the question to child killer vs child molester makes the question a lot more difficult. All the reason given for having a preference for being known as a murderer over a paedophile kinda fall apart when you're talking about a child killer.

(Original post by XcitingStuart)
    I would want to be Alice Morgan. :giggle:

(Just saying, ae*.)

Why so brutal? Paedophile != child molester. Kinda sad state of affairs.

Calculative thinking, I like it.
    Oops :unimpressed:
    Too late to edit now though since you've quoted me :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Paedophile.
    Why? Because a paedophile hasn't done anything wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I guess I'd rather be known as the guy who would kill you because you messed with him, rather than the guy you would kill because he messed with kids.
    Nicely put.

ReputationRep:
    What a totally inane, dumb thread.

ReputationRep:
    Murderer is a lot less effort to explain to other people.

"y the *** do you like kids that's disgusting"
    "idk they're just hot to me"
    "wtf bro"
    [long debate ensues leading possibly to a fight]

Compared to:
    "Why did you kill that man?"
    "I like murdering people"
    "wtf bro"
    [other person backs away quickly and you don't have to expend any extra effort]

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what kind of pedophile, nowadays 15 year old girls look 18 and **** everyone they see, and if a guy of say 17 years of age has consensual sex with her, he would be labelled as a pedo. Murder on the other hand means murder and you cannot commit it without killing anyone as it could be the case with pedophilia where you may have a perfectly consensual sex and end up in a jail.

ReputationRep:
    Murderer I guess. Paedophilia just isn't my cup of tea.

ReputationRep:
    Murderer:

I could finally say "I will shank you" and mean it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    It's kind of funny seeing people continue to answer a question that wasn't asked even after this has been pointed out numerous times.
    yeah but society would still respond to you as if you had harmed children, at least you'd be safe in prison

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jibola240)
    I'm not implying anything here. I'm just pointing out that changing the question to child killer vs child molester makes the question a lot more difficult. All the reason given for having a preference for being known as a murderer over a paedophile kinda fall apart when you're talking about a child killer.
    Yeah that's true

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.