Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi folks,
    i have accepted the conditional offer for econ from warwick. it is demanded to get an average mark of 1,3 (on a scale where 5 is the worst and 1 the best). unfortunately, i got 1,5. do you think warwick is flexible with the conditions or do you believe it is necessary to meet the requirements because otherwise you fail?

(Original post by michaelmayer)
    hi folks,
    i have accepted the conditional offer for econ from warwick. it is demanded to get an average mark of 1,3 (on a scale where 5 is the worst and 1 the best). unfortunately, i got 1,5. do you think warwick is flexible with the conditions or do you believe it is necessary to meet the requirements because otherwise you fail?
    If you could translate your score into equivalent grades (I'm feeble minded) and tell us what subject you are doing then we might be able to offer you some advice that is a little better than random guesses.

ReputationRep:
    hi leekey
    i am from austria and here the school report is composed of two independent parts:
    the school report of the 12th form, which is equivalent to the gcse, includes 17 marks for each subject. there i got an average mark of 1.0 (1=best, 5=worst)
    but at the matura (written: math, german, french / oral: math, history, english, biology) which is similar to the english a-levels, i got only 1s except in german 2 and english 3 (blackout when i was asked about irish history).
    nevertheless, this week i am going to take the IELTS-exam and i am very confidently to get the required 7,0. do you think that i still have a chance to get accepted by the ug-admission of warwick?

hi leekey
    i am from austria and here the school report is composed of two independent parts:
    the school report of the 12th form, which is equivalent to the gcse, includes 17 marks for each subject. there i got an average mark of 1.0 (1=best, 5=worst)
    but at the matura (written: math, german, french / oral: math, history, english, biology) which is similar to the english a-levels, i got only 1s except in german 2 and english 3 (blackout when i was asked about irish history).
    nevertheless, this week i am going to take the IELTS-exam and i am very confidently to get the required 7,0. do you think that i still have a chance to get accepted by the ug-admission of warwick?
    Based on the scale that you desbribe I think that your only missing your offer by a narrow margin and so I would think that (assuming you have not applied for a HUGELY oversubscribed subject), you would be in with a fair chance of them accepting you. It will depend on the performace of others with offers but I would expect that with what seems to be such a narrow miss, you have a good chance of getting accepted. If I was being synical then I would suggest that they would quite like to enhance thier intake of international students as so you should have that in you favour but I'm sure someone (probably PQ) can give a reason why that may not be true. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    thanks leekey, you cheer me up .

ReputationRep:
    thanks leekey, you cheer me up .
    If you know your final marks...why dont u ring warwick and see if they will accept you....or have i missed something ?

(Original post by chud)
    If you know your final marks...why dont u ring warwick and see if they will accept you....or have i missed something ?
    Valid point.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Valid point.... :rolleyes:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    same topic different situation......
    I've got an AAB offer to study physics at warwick what are the chances that they wil take 2 B's at A2 level in place of one A.
    As i know im not goin to get 2 A's having dun my exams but i may get ABBB
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    someone should call them up and ask...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awaiting)
    someone should call them up and ask...
    Well volunteered........... let us know how it goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee86)
    Well volunteered........... let us know how it goes
    it'll cost me a fortune to ask...thanks for doing it (;

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.