Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do dogs like me? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm not complaining, bragging or anything, but dogs always seem to like me. My interactions about a dog is either they are curious or it's a positive interaction. Rarely is it neutral. I have never had a negative experience with a dog.

I'll give a few examples. When I was younger, my family had two dogs. One was mine and the other my brother's. We got mine long after my brother got his. As I remember, my dog got a reputation of being tough to train/ difficult. Not the way I saw it (maybe I would have if I was the one training it), but we jammed well together. I seem to remember we had some good times whereas my brother's dog was pretty much always neutral towards me. I remember one time I was riding my bike in the yard and I fell taking a corner (stones + high speed on a bike = bad idea). I don't know how long I was down for, but guess who came? My dog is the one who showed up and started licking me to get me back up again. Does that sound like a bad dog to you?

Another time, my family went to Atlanta to visit family and I'd only known their dog a day or two and she wouldn't leave me alone. From what I remember she was almost always around me licking my hands and stuff (tail wagging etc). She gave my brother lots of attention too.

There are some dogs I'm wary of when passing in the street, but they do nothing. Some become interested and start sniffing and heading my way (not with any malice, just neutral or friendly). Even the neighbour's dog where I used to live was either neutral or positive towards me. I didn't interact with him much so I could be wrong, but I definitely had no negative experiences with him.

People say I'm a nice guy, but I have been asked why I look angry (I suffer from the male resting ***** face) and I generally don't approach every dog. I approach some and not others, but most of the time it's dogs who approach me.

Contrast with my Dad. Dogs generally don't seem to like him. The one in Atlanta was cool with him, but I don't remember her interacting much with him. From what I've been told by my Dad (and I think seen) is they tend to just bark at him a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Imagining he's talking about women in place of dogs is really funny.

ReputationRep:
    I live for threads like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RapeYourFamily)
    Because you smell like ass.
    Or she has her period. Dogs go after that.

ReputationRep:
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    They like me too.

Ha :lol:!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EtherealNymph22)
    I'm not complaining, bragging or anything, but womenalways seem to like me. My interactions about a woman is either they arecurious or it's a positive interaction. Rarely is it neutral. I have never hada negative experience with a woman.

I'll give a few examples. When I was younger, myfamily had two women. One was mine and the other my brother's. We got mine longafter my brother got his. As I remember, my woman got a reputation of beingtough to train/ difficult. Not the way I saw it (maybe I would have if I wasthe one training it), but we jammed well together. I seem to remember we hadsome good times whereas my brother's woman was pretty much always neutraltowards me. I remember one time I was riding my bike in the yard and I felltaking a corner (stones + high speed on a bike = bad idea). I don't know howlong I was down for, but guess who came? My woman is the one who showed up andstarted licking me to get me back up again. Does that sound like a bad woman toyou?

Another time, my family went to Atlanta to visitfamily and I'd only known their woman a day or two and she wouldn't leave mealone. From what I remember she was almost always around me licking my handsand stuff (tail wagging etc). She gave my brother lots of attention too.

There are some women I'm wary of when passing inthe street, but they do nothing. Some become interested and start sniffing andheading my way (not with any malice, just neutral or friendly). Even theneighbour's woman where I used to live was either neutral or positive towardsme. I didn't interact with him much so I could be wrong, but I definitely hadno negative experiences with him.

People say I'm a nice guy, but I have been askedwhy I look angry (I suffer from the male resting ***** face) and I generallydon't approach every woman. I approach some and not others, but most of thetime it's women who approach me.

Contrast with my Dad. Women generally don't seemto like him. The one in Atlanta was cool with him, but I don't remember herinteracting much with him. From what I've been told by my Dad (and I thinkseen) is they tend to just yell at him a lot.uch�%� �

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mine turtle)
    I'll give a few examples. When I was younger, my family had two women. One was mine and the other my brother's. We got mine long after my brother got his. As I remember, my woman got a reputation of being tough to train/ difficult. Not the way I saw it (maybe I would have if I was the one training it), but we jammed well together.

Another time, my family went to Atlanta to visit family and I'd only known their woman a day or two and she wouldn't leave me alone.

There are some women I'm wary of when passing in the street, but they do nothing. Some become interested and start sniffing and heading my way (not with any malice, just neutral or friendly). Even the neighbour's woman where I used to live was either neutral or positive towards me.

I generally don't approach every woman. I approach some and not others, but most of the time it's women who approach me.

Contrast with my Dad. Women generally don't seem to like him.
    I laughed a little too hard...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imsoanonymous123)
    x
    Stfu you beat me

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Seems like you've only met friendly dogs. One day, you could meet one that isn't

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.