Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    as question

ReputationRep:
    Bath

ReputationRep:
    Bristol. Bath is a great university but their aerospace course is crap. For first two years you learn nothing about aeroplanes/aerospace, so by the time they teach you what a wing is in year 3, you could be doing advanced aerodynamics at Bristol. Bristol also has a space systems course in year 2 which looks interesting but Bath's aerospace course is too dry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigboateng_)
    Bristol. Bath is a great university but their aerospace course is crap. For first two years you learn nothing about aeroplanes/aerospace, so by the time they teach you what a wing is in year 3, you could be doing advanced aerodynamics at Bristol. Bristol also has a space systems course in year 2 which looks interesting but Bath's aerospace course is too dry.
    Oh really!? But other than tthat, can you inspire me in another perspective like the overview of the university please? I am afraid that I am quite under-knowledged...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oscarrra)
    Oh really!? But other than tthat, can you inspire me in another perspective like the overview of the university please? I am afraid that I am quite under-knowledged...
    I am currently at Bristol. What would you like to know?

ReputationRep:
    In you point of view, what is it like to study in Bristol? Do you like her? Or what makes she special for you ?

Oscarrra

ReputationRep:
    In you point of view, what is it like to study in Bristol? Do you like her? Or what makes she special for you ?

Oscarrra
    Yes, I like studying at Bristol - the course is challenging but rewarding and most of my lecturers are really passionate about their work and are really helpful when you email them questions about the work

The city itself is great, it's not that big but it's the perfect size - everything you need is walking distance but there's a lot of places i.e. restaurants, bars, pubs and clubs to go to! The area the university is in is also really nice (Clifton)

The difference in prestige between Bristol and Bath is negligible, as long as you get a 2.1 or first from either you will open a lot of doors career-wise. But if you like clubbing/going to bars then Bristol is definitely a better city

ReputationRep:
    I knew 3 people who did aeronautical engineering at Bristol - two failed their first year. It's a very tough course and doesn't appear to have very high student satisfaction rates. But as long as you are prepared to be self motivated and really get your head down and work hard I imagine you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InadequateJusticex)
    Yes, I like studying at Bristol - the course is challenging but rewarding and most of my lecturers are really passionate about their work and are really helpful when you email them questions about the work

The city itself is great, it's not that big but it's the perfect size - everything you need is walking distance but there's a lot of places i.e. restaurants, bars, pubs and clubs to go to! The area the university is in is also really nice (Clifton)

The difference in prestige between Bristol and Bath is negligible, as long as you get a 2.1 or first from either you will open a lot of doors career-wise. But if you like clubbing/going to bars then Bristol is definitely a better city
    Hi there it's me again. I've been quite concerned with the placement program of the two university. Do you have any insight on how does the university provides/ aides you in having internships?

Oscarrra

ReputationRep:
    Hi there it's me again. I've been quite concerned with the placement program of the two university. Do you have any insight on how does the university provides/ aides you in having internships?

Oscarrra
    You dont need help from universities to get internships. The best they can do is tell you which internships are available/career fairs, which I'm sure both uni do. You will get endless emails about internships opportunities as they come. Its down to the individual as to whether you apply for it or not, or whether you pass the interviews and what time you apply. You can independently look for and apply to internships. I will not use internship as a basis to pick either one of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    I knew 3 people who did aeronautical engineering at Bristol - two failed their first year. It's a very tough course and doesn't appear to have very high student satisfaction rates. But as long as you are prepared to be self motivated and really get your head down and work hard I imagine you'll be fine.
    Do you happen to know how Bath compares in this regard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmateurRocketman)
    Do you happen to know how Bath compares in this regard?
    Unfortunateley not, sorry!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.