Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you hate about these cold morning's? Watch

Announcements

My school not having the heating on most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aarora)
    So it's really cold atm and it's really beginning to irriatate me as the weather is affecting my Nutella!
    Every morning I look forward to spreading it on my hot toast and I see my Nutella in the jar in an un-spreadable state. I have to dig it out with a spoon, put it in a bowl and then heat it up in the microwave so it becomes soft enough to spread - this really wastes my time in the morning! (Before anyone tries to act clever, I've put the whole jar in the microwave before and created a mini fire as a result).

What do you guys hate about the cold?
    I sleep spooning my Nutella to avoid this problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    My school not having the heating on most of the time.
    Ahh!! I feel you, this morning at work the heating wasn't working and on top of that the hot water wasn't working either so I couldn't even make a nice hot cup of tea (we don't have a kettle).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    That I have to get out of my nice warm bed that is made even more extra warm and cosy by my cats

ReputationRep:
    Feeling like a human popsicle.

ReputationRep:
    You guys are so cute. I bet most of you get up to go from somewhere inside to somewhere inside. My favourite post (on another forum) regarding a similar subject was "the office heating is only on 18 degrees!". Yeah, my heart bleeds... I work outside and I deal with it fine. It's called "layers". It was -4 when I left the house this morning. And if the ice in the bucket at work that didn't melt all day was anything to go by, it didn't get much above freezing today. In the sun, however... t'was positively tropical. Not so much in the shade. **** the shade. Layers only do so much.

The only thing I dislike about getting up in the cold mornings is the same thing I dislike about getting up in the hot mornings: creeping around and getting dressed without falling over so as to not wake m'lady up.

ReputationRep:
    I hate getting out of a lovely warm shower into the cold :cry:

ReputationRep:
    nose bleeds

ReputationRep:
    The number of people wearing Ugg boots.

Darkness when I get up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.