Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Crash injury Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was involved in a crash yesterday that involved some guy who was stationary to move into my lane with no traffic, which resulted in me slamming on my brakes and clipping his mirror. I rang my insurance to tell them what happened (didnt make a claim and sent them the dashcam video) and said my back muscles are really hurting and that where the seatbelt pulled me back in I felt bruised there. I had the legal team on the phone to me today, is it worth making a asking for compensation? Im not taking any time off work, but I havent seen a doctor yet and the only time I can is during work, so I have to miss a day off for that as I work 2 hours from where I live.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well depends if they find you at fault for the accident you will get nothing.
    If its the other drivers fault you can make a claim.

You'd probably get compensation if you chased it. You'd just be another one of the hundreds that make silly compensation claims every year. I'd feel embarrassed chasing money for a muscle injury. If you had a fractured vertebra from a rollover accident I could understand as this will have a significant impact your life. Muscles heal themselves over time and won't cause you any long term problems. If you're still going to work and considering civil action a mere one day after the accident then it really can't be serious.

ReputationRep:
    i damaged my back badly in a crash as a passenger it's been four years and my claim is nearly finished

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.