Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Crash injury watch

I was involved in a crash yesterday that involved some guy who was stationary to move into my lane with no traffic, which resulted in me slamming on my brakes and clipping his mirror. I rang my insurance to tell them what happened (didnt make a claim and sent them the dashcam video) and said my back muscles are really hurting and that where the seatbelt pulled me back in I felt bruised there. I had the legal team on the phone to me today, is it worth making a asking for compensation? Im not taking any time off work, but I havent seen a doctor yet and the only time I can is during work, so I have to miss a day off for that as I work 2 hours from where I live.

Let me know your thoughts.

Well depends if they find you at fault for the accident you will get nothing.
    If its the other drivers fault you can make a claim.

You'd probably get compensation if you chased it. You'd just be another one of the hundreds that make silly compensation claims every year. I'd feel embarrassed chasing money for a muscle injury. If you had a fractured vertebra from a rollover accident I could understand as this will have a significant impact your life. Muscles heal themselves over time and won't cause you any long term problems. If you're still going to work and considering civil action a mere one day after the accident then it really can't be serious.

i damaged my back badly in a crash as a passenger it's been four years and my claim is nearly finished
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2016
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.