Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Becoming a Van driver Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.. Long story short my dad used to do multi drop delivery driving when he was younger, and I really like driving myself and it's something I could see myself doing. How should I go about getting into this area of work? Approach an employer directly? Ask people who do this already? Im currently in college but if an opportunity presented itself for this kind of work, I would drop instantly. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    There are loads of agencies that offer driving work. My father in-law worked for an agency for a while before eventually being offered a full time job from one of the companies he used to drive for. Takes a while to get your feet in the door, but there is always work for the reliable and the hard working.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    There are loads of agencies that offer driving work. My father in-law worked for an agency for a while before eventually being offered a full time job from one of the companies he used to drive for. Takes a while to get your feet in the door, but there is always work for the reliable and the hard working.

Good luck!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samkent6)
    Thank you!
    Could you possibly have any agencies in mind as I'm having the same sort of problem I recently past my driving test 4 months ago and would see my self also doing this type of work

Many thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.