Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    apparently one of the croatian players tested positives for drugs! what do you think should happen? chuck him off the team, or make croatia lose their point from their draw with france??

ReputationRep:
    Throw him out of the team, even better ban croatia so we win!!

ReputationRep:
    Definately throw him off the team!

Anything more than that will be a bonus

ReputationRep:
    when's the game?

MB

ReputationRep:
    tomorrow!! 7.00 pm!

ReputationRep:
    ban him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle...9&section=news

after reading what he actually did UEFA has acted fairly

ReputationRep:
    Apparantly some of their players played in a charity match for war criminals but that's probably *******s.

ReputationRep:
    its tomorrow kick off is at 7:45 PM

ReputationRep:
    What the FA will be annoyed about is that they stopped Rio from coming to the championship, when it was just the fact that he missed a grugs test, and now this guy gets to continue playing even though he tested positive! Alain Baxter had him medal stripped off him when he tested positive even though it was a drug used unknowingly in an additive. Same circumstance, but the Croatian player gets off scott-free!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    What the FA will be annoyed about is that they stopped Rio from coming to the championship, when it was just the fact that he missed a grugs test, and now this guy gets to continue playing even though he tested positive! Alain Baxter had him medal stripped off him when he tested positive even though it was a drug used unknowingly in an additive. Same circumstance, but the Croatian player gets off scott-free!
    i think the circumstances are different personnally and i think that UEFA has acted fairly personnally from what i have read

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yipee)
    apparently one of the croatian players tested positives for drugs! what do you think should happen? chuck him off the team, or make croatia lose their point from their draw with france??
    The player wil be banned, going by precedent no action will be taken against the team as a whole.

ReputationRep:
    I hope we play well. I was hoping we'd play Greece after the groups, nevermind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    i think the circumstances are different personnally and i think that UEFA has acted fairly personnally from what i have read
    Yeah..i agree...i heard that the medication he was given was actually given to him by the Crotian FA and their doctors...so he hasn't been banned...which is fair..but the Croatian FA and the doctors involved have been fined.

G

ReputationRep:
    It was, from what people say, an honest mistake, although in athletics, and most other sports, this would still get some really long ban, so i'm not sure really.
    I don't think its right that after something like this that the team is punished by losing points or anything in Euro 2004, or even being kicked out, but possibly something more than a small fine is in order, although apparently it is only Man U players who get treated harshly on drugs issues, so i suppose its in line with the usual behaviour of the organisation...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Yeah..i agree...i heard that the medication he was given was actually given to him by the Crotian FA and their doctors...so he hasn't been banned...which is fair..but the Croatian FA and the doctors involved have been fined.

G
    with a biased approach i dont think that's harsh enough personally! do you rekon we will win? they seemed ok against france!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    with a biased approach i dont think that's harsh enough personally! do you rekon we will win? they seemed ok against france!
    I don't think you can say he's at fault for that...he had no idea about it...and if you can't trust you're own FA doctors..who are supposed to know all this stuff....who can you trust. It's not like he went out and bought some drugs from a pharmacy without checking what was in them.

England....if they come out to play...will win. I'm backing Owen to start playing tonight

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    I don't think you can say he's at fault for that...he had no idea about it...and if you can't trust you're own FA doctors..who are supposed to know all this stuff....who can you trust. It's not like he went out and bought some drugs from a pharmacy without checking what was in them.

England....if they come out to play...will win. I'm backing Owen to start playing tonight

G
    you think?? owen has been really quiet, i mean he helped roonie with that goal, but i think he should have scored by now

ReputationRep:
    you think?? owen has been really quiet, i mean he helped roonie with that goal, but i think he should have scored by now
    Yeah..i know he's been quiet....but i haven't seen a tournament where he's failed to score yet....and i think this is quite a high pressure game..so i think he'll deliver...

He might not have a good game..but he'll do something i reckon...something important...which will help England through

G

ReputationRep:
    Its hard for owen to play well because of rooney, i think.
    And owen doesn't really have the ability to fit his style around another player, so thats why he is underperforming, although his poor form all season certainly didn't help.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.