6 MOST liked currently active MPs in UK Parliment Watch

Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Of current/former Tory MP's..

Michael Gove - Probably the most talented cabinet minister the Tories have produced during their stint in power
Dominic Raab - A (perhaps overly) principled man who's leadership platform generally suggests he understands the aspiration poor and conservative mindset. He will make a great Chancellor.
Rory Stewart - A Conservative who like Ruth Davidson actually has the ability to communicate effectively with non-Tories. Also sound in terms of his views surrounding austerity/fiscal discipline and social policy
Dominic Grieve - While an utter phallus on the subject of Brexit the fact that he has been able to tie the executive in parliamentary knots is a testament to his talent. Post-Brexit he should be appointed Lord Chancellor or Atterny General.
Steven Crabb - The heir to Cameron and Blair imo. While he is a populist and only solidly competent he is an excellent communicator and is one of the rare politicians who i think have something special about them. Unfortunately his penchant for remain and adultery may mean he never reaches high office if he even keeps his seat.
Theresa May - While i have a mild loathing for her in terms of her lack of resolve when i look more objectively, i do consider her considerably more talented at the art of managing government than Boris.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Of current/former Tory MP's..

Michael Gove - Probably the most talented cabinet minister the Tories have produced during their stint in power
All i can say to him is 'et tu Brute?'
imlikeahermit
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Stella Creasy
AW_1983
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If it's a matter of competence and trust rather than political positioning, then:

1) Mhairi Black;
2) Dominic Grieve;
3) Ken Clarke;
4) David Lammy;
5) John McDonnell;
6) Emily Thornberry.

There are many others that I have a lot of time for. However, I've become increasingly disillusioned with Caroline Lucas and I particularly disliked her divisive 'all female' cabinet idea which I found gimmicky and prejudiced. The idea that you would stop Brexit by forming a cross party cabinet that excluded Grieve, Clarke, Lammy and most of the Lib Dems because they were male was frankly ridiculous and in truth compared to her colleagues in the Green Party she is an intellectual lightweight who often has silly ideas. Molly Scott Cato is much more impressive for example.
tenacity
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Tom Watson
Hilary Benn
Jess Phillips

Slim pickings. I can't think of any other MPs I can sincerely claim to 'like'.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.21%
No (215)
76.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed