Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mature Student Maintenance Loan watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi team,

Just a quick one for you, i am 26 years old and will start my Accounting and Finance degree in September at a University in London.

I have been in the military for the last 6 years and left in june 2015 to go back into education. As a temporary measure i have moved back into my parents home until my course starts, what i am wondering is, will my income over the last 6 years be taken into account and will my parents income be taken into account? I am currently not working and am not getting financial support from my parents either.

Thanks for any help
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi AaronBennett1

Anyone over 25 is automatically classed as independent which means we would never look at parental income. In your case the only other person we would consider would be a partner if you were living with one.

We don't actually take a student's income from salary into consideration whilst they study, so essentially we will use a £0 income figure to assess you if there is no partner present and you will be awarded maximum funding.

Thanks.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.