Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should posh people be allowed to be MPs? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangala)
    you may not be rich compared to other people at your school, but you are rich pal. the same way i'm not rich compared the the rest of the UK, but in terms of the world im in the top 2 or 3%
    My dad gets free school fees with the company he works for but his actually income wouldn't pay for public school fees. I understand that we are more well off then most but the point i was trying to make was that just because you go to a public school doesn't mean that your posh, rich and aren't suitable to be a politician.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hulsef)
    My dad gets free school fees with the company he works for but his actually income wouldn't pay for public school fees. I understand that we are more well off then most but the point i was trying to make was that just because you go to a public school doesn't mean that your posh, rich and aren't suitable to be a politician.
    we'll agree to disagree on those last points then posho
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibzombie96)
    What an enlightened contribution
    Everything they do is influenced by the richest few in the country just to try and keep them onside. The way they are governing things at the moment is just to benefit the richest in the country creating an even more individualist society rather than collectivist.

ReputationRep:
    we'll agree to disagree on those last points then posho
    I'm surprised you don't tip over with that chip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottishgirl163)
    Everything they do is influenced by the richest few in the country just to try and keep them onside. The way they are governing things at the moment is just to benefit the richest in the country creating an even more individualist society rather than collectivist.
    Oh dear. Please just learn stuff first.

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised you don't tip over with that chip.
    "Calcium carbonate in water"

ReputationRep:
    "Calcium carbonate in water"
    Hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Should people who went to public school actually be allowed to become politicians? They were born rich, what do they actually know about the way the world works?

Hint: there's only one correct answer and that's no
    The only correct answer on here is NO to the question as to whether someone like you should be allowed to vote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lig1729)
    The only correct answer on here is NO to the question as to whether someone like you should be allowed to vote.
    i'll give you another shot at that insult if you want mate

ReputationRep:
    i'll give you another shot at that insult if you want mate
    Don't need another shot petal. The premise you put forth is ludicrous and based upon ignorance, nothing more and nothing less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lig1729)
    Don't need another shot petal. The premise you put forth is ludicrous and based upon ignorance, nothing more and nothing less.
    fAM THIS AINT ENGLISH GCSE Y U TALKIN LIKE THAT

ReputationRep:
    fAM THIS AINT ENGLISH GCSE Y U TALKIN LIKE THAT
    Education from the Tories
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. Please just learn stuff first.
    I have and I guess you are a Conservative voter if you don't agree with that.

ReputationRep:
    ... an even more individualist society rather than collectivist.
    Human beings are not ants. No one outside of a few lunatics wants to be part of an ant colony. Human nature is not collectivist. Personal liberty is more important than being a mindless cog in a machine.

ReputationRep:
    I have and I guess you are a Conservative voter if you don't agree with that.
    You talk as if you've just had a GCSE politics lesson at school, using the terms 'individualist' and 'collectivist' as if they're synonymous with 'bad' and 'good', respectively.

Yes, you're right. I am a Conservative voter. Can I take a guess that you think Jeremy Corbyn is an inspiring and towering political figure who will lead this country to its next golden epoch?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    You talk as if you've just had a GCSE politics lesson at school, using the terms 'individualist' and 'collectivist' as if they're synonymous with 'bad' and 'good', respectively.

Yes, you're right. I am a Conservative voter. Can I take a guess that you think Jeremy Corbyn is an inspiring and towering political figure who will lead this country to its next golden epoch?
    Jeremy Corbyn isn't amazing but he isn't that bad. SNP are the ones who have my vote.

ReputationRep:
    Jeremy Corbyn isn't amazing but he isn't that bad. SNP are the ones who have my vote.
    Is that because they have a good record in government, or because they're fashionable?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Is that because they have a good record in government, or because they're fashionable?
    No I wouldn't just vote for a party because they are 'fashionable' that's just stupid. I feel like the have the best views and they have done great things for Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    No I wouldn't just vote for a party because they are 'fashionable' that's just stupid. I feel like the have the best views and they have done great things for Scotland.
    What about Britain as a whole? Or is Scottish power the only thing that matters? It has hints of Nazism

ReputationRep:
    Which policies and policy successes would you list?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.