Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
There's a guy at my work who had been caught stealing orange juices that we sell over a period of time (he would go into the stock room, pick one out and drink them and then hide the bottle and carry on with his work)

He's admitted to me that he's stolen the bike he was using before now, yet I found out he had been let off only with a final warning despite upper management threatening to get rid of the thief's job and give whoever it was a criminal record

I personally find it shocking and appalling that he got let off so lightly; what do you think?
username1539513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
:eek:

That's... Actually pretty shocking imo; especially when it's a criminal offence.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Disgusting isn't it?
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
There's a guy at my work who had been caught stealing orange juices that we sell over a period of time (he would go into the stock room, pick one out and drink them and then hide the bottle and carry on with his work)

He's admitted to me that he's stolen the bike he was using before now, yet I found out he had been let off only with a final warning despite upper management threatening to get rid of the thief's job and give whoever it was a criminal record

I personally find it shocking and appalling that he got let off so lightly; what do you think?
It depends on the circumstances and his value to the company. If someone is stealing stock and admits they knew what they were doing is gross misconduct and that person is easily replaceable, then they'd be fired. If they can create doubt over whether they knew they weren't allowed to do it, and are a very hard working and necessary part of the team, then the course of action would be a final written warning and send a memo out to everyone making it clear what is/isn't acceptable to use.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Finders keepers (losers weepers) :rofl:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed